26. Maalai maatrinaal Kodhai 💕

Hi all!!

Call me crazy but I am going to take a chance here. My plan was to scrap the whole thing if it turned out to be pathetic but it isn't too bad(I guess). A random idea popped in my head when I was picking a book from my dad's library which had some Tamil works.

Andal. A playful, sensual, energetic, free spirited young woman desired the Lord, expressed her wishes, yearned to be His bride and lived the dream.

That is the essence of my storyline for this chapter. My parents have instilled a love for literature and languages since our childhood, I am not well versed but I have read a few. Thiruppavai and Nachiyar thirumozhi, not exactly my favourite classics but I have enjoyed it having been inspired to read about Andal, after performing a Bharatanatyam piece on Andal Kalyanam as a 10 year old. This chapter is going to have shades of it with me taking a leaf out of Andal's dreams, depicting the scenario using the famous wedding hymns, Vaaranam Ayiram from Nachiyar thirumozhi. Not going to bore you guys with the entire thing but just some parts of it.

Again, a fiction!! I am not depicting anyone's life here, its a product of my creative mind 😀😀

Sivaangi was sitting in the terrace binge eating her packet of crisps when she saw Ashwin calling her on FaceTime.

S: Sollu Ashwiney.

A: Sivaangi ma.. Junk again!? What is the problem now?

S: Therila. Romba anxious ah iruku.

A: Got cold feet?

S: Cha illave illa, just a case of nerves. The anticipation I suppose.

A: Maa, naan varatuma?

S: Illa paravala. You had a really long day, you must be very tired too.

A: Yen tension ah iruka ippo?

S: Innum naalu naal than iruku la. Athan konjam restless ah iruku.

A: Maa.. bayamuruthatha ma, please.

S: Ashwineyy! I am not going to be a runaway bride. I think the idea of leaving home, being responsible, intha maathri neraya vishayam mandaila oduthu. The normal wedding jitters that every girl has. Seriya poidum vidu.

A: Ma, namma veetla irunthu half hour drive than, etho kalyanam panni naan unna America kootitu pora maara pesara. Nee responsible ah irunu naan ketkave illa. You are not going to become a typical burden bearing wife, so don't make it look too domestic. Nee ippo eppadi carefree ah irukayo appaiye iru. Aana en kuda iru.

S: Theiryum. But irunthalum konjam bayam. What if my habits put you off? I am not organised, I try but it is not the same.

A: Sivaangi, I don't care. We promised to adjust and learn as we go? Do you honestly think we will have problems because of these trivial issues?

S: Hmm illa. Therilaye.

A: Sivaangi, nee phone ah vai. Naan varen ippo.

S: Illa vendam.

A: No, I can't sleep if I don't see you now. See you in a bit. Bye.

She stared at the phone after he hung up. She sighed and scrolled through her YouTube notifications and found that her mother had finally uploaded the song she had shot a few days ago. Listening to the lines of the song made her look back on the first day of meeting this man she was going to marry in the next 96 hours.