16. Digital intimacy!

Hello readers, its a short update. I had started writing this chapter 3 days ago but it has sort of become relevant to what is happening right now. Hope you all enjoy reading it! I am up for constructive criticism, so go ahead and state your opinions.

Sivaangi looked outside the window, staring at nothing in particular. She looked happy on the outside during the shoot but only Ashwin knew that she was not her usual self. She has been extremely quiet in the car for the last 30 minutes when she would have normally talked a mile a minute. He parked up on a quiet road and decided to get it sorted before dropping her off at home. Turning to her side, he took her hands in his making her come out of lost thoughts.

A: What now?

S: Can you read my mind?

A: I wish I can read your mind! But I know your moods, right now you are confused and upset.

S: Hmm.

A: Sollu ma. Enna aachu? Naan ethavathu pannunen ah?

(Come on, tell me what happened? Was it something that I did?)

S: I don't know Ashwin. Most people in the CWC set know that we are engaged. I know you told the production team that you don't want it to be scene on TV yet. I understand that we are keeping our personal lives private. But why do you behave differently?

A: What do you mean?

S: Why do you ignore me?

A: What? When did I ignore you?

S: All the time.

A: Sivaangi, do you not know how I feel towards you?

S: I know. But you really do make me feel neglected at times.

A: Ma, enna ippadi solara?

S: Leave it.

A: You started it, let us talk about it. I don't like to pretend that a problem will solve all by itself over time.

S: I did not start anything. It was you.

A: Ok! What did I start?

S: Do you not like to be associated with me?

A: WTF!

S: Anger isn't going to fix this. So don't show your irritation.

A: Sivaangi, I thought we are over this.

S: Today during the pairing when I was joking about going to your table, Pavi akka said eppo paarthalum namma pasanga pinnadi poga kudathu, avunga namma pinnadi vara vaikanumnu.

(Today during the pairing when I was joking about going to your table, Pavi said I should stop chasing you and I should be confident enough to make a man chase me)

A: Athuku?

(What about that?)

S: Did you not understand that she was indirectly saying that I wasn't good enough for you to chase me?!

A: Sivaangi, you are exaggerating it. Who cares what she thinks?

S: Well, it's about me. So I care. I have tried to ignore these comments and talks about me chasing you and that you being the perfect gentleman try to avoid my stupid crush without hurting me, but then, have you ever thought about how all of this could crush my confidence?

A: I am yours. What more..

S: I know that. I don't know how to explain my feelings. You see.. you can't seem to keep your hands off me when we are in our personal space but you move away from me even when I casually touch you during the shoot. So makes me wonder how you can be so careful to not even touch me unintentionally. Look at the comments and edits on twitter and instagram. A lot of people sympathise me. They think I am forcing myself on you and you are so uncomfortable that you instinctively move away from me.