12. Complicated or complex?

I would like to remind my readers that this story is purely fictional. The fear I have discussed in this chapter is something that I suffered from as a teenager. Please feel free to skip if you are not up for it.

Sivaangi spent the afternoon lazing around the house while Ashwin was on a call discussing an upcoming shoot. Pugazh and Rakshan had left after breakfast and the elders were busy chatting away. Tanu approached Sivaangi to bid goodbye.

T: Kuttyma, Martin and I are leaving.

S: Oh. I thought you were staying for lunch.

T: Illa da. Shravan is taking care of the kids. He needs to fly back this evening. So I will have go home soon.

S: Oh appadiya. I want to see Sweety and Candy sometime. Miss them. How long are you in town for?

T: Another 4 weeks. Martin is leaving next week. Nee intha weekend AK kutitu veetuku vaa.

S: Seri chechi. Thank you so much for everything.

T: Thanks edhuku?

S: Illa seriously. Industry support illatha oru newcomer ku opportunity kudutheenga, athuku first thanks. Second, avaru sonnaru neenga than anniku setla irunthu kutitu poneenganu. You are a lifesaver. I don't know what I was thinking when I left him alone there saying something that would have hurt him so much.

T: AK is talented and we wanted a fresh face, he was a perfect fit for the role, so he bagged the opportunity. Thank him, not me.

And about the other day, I wanted to talk to you about it.

Sivaangi, he was a broken man that day! I have known him for just 3 months but we have developed a really good friendship and understanding, and what I saw that day was heart wrenching.

S: Enna sollareenga?

T: From what I have observed so far, he looks like an emotionally stable person but the sight of him sitting on the floor, weeping like a child was disturbing beyond words. I am guessing that there is so much behind his calm demeanour. My intention is not to scare you but I want you to be prepared and be mature enough to help him battle the ghosts of his past.

Sivaangi could feel her heart ache visualising him crying, she just nodded but she was lost in thoughts. She knew that there were scars but she doesn't know the emotional impact of those scars.

T: Seri, ethuva irunthaalum ennaku call pannu. We will always be there for you two.

S: Ok chechi. Kisses for the kids. Neenga ponga, naan Ashwin ah kutitu keela varen unga rendu perukum bye sollarathuku.

A: Naan trim pannunathuku enna use?

S: Wow! Enna athisayam! Ore naal la aale ippadi maariteenga?

A: Pecha maathathe. Sollu naan yen trim pannunen?

S: Ennaku kutha kudaathunu.

A: Eppo kutha kudaathu?

Sivaangi was going to answer when she realised where this was leading. They were seated in the living room and their families were a few feet away. Ashwin's sister, Anjali looked like she was eavesdropping on the couple.

S: Apparam sollaren.

A: Solla vendam, yennu kaattu.

S: Ashwinnn! Ennala overnight la ivlo changes ah ellam thaangaa mudiyathu.