20. Calm before the storm

Anju: Dai Achu! Mariyathaya vanthu kuttitu poyidu ivala! En twins kuda enna ippadi paadu paduthinathu illa!

A: En tension aagara? Nee than shooting la irunthavala call panni, weekend vaa ma nu sonna?

Anju: Athu appo..

A: What? Ippo enna aachu?

Anju: Theriyaama solliten da! Neha watches a series called Masha and the bear remember? Dai, iva real life Masha da. Eppadi da samaalikara?

A: Over ah pesara Anju nee. Kozhanda maara ava.

Anju: Serious ah da. Enna vaalu theriyuma! Naan last 12 hours la oru rendu kilo koranjuten, bp check pannanum pola.

Sivaangi snatched the phone from Anjali which earned her a glare.

S: Ashwiney! I am having good fun here. When are you coming?

A: I am on my way to Coimbatore ma. Another two hours from home.

S: Will you come here tonight?

A: Too tired. Is it okay if I come tomorrow?

S: Not a problem at all, rest well and I will see you tomorrow. Love you.

She handed the phone back to Anjali who walked out of the room.

Anju: Inga vaanthiru direct ah. Naalaiku po Coimbatore ku. I have 2 toddlers and a child woman trying to kill me.

A: Sanjay enga?

Anju: Avanga amma veetuku oditaan. Please da.. Inniku night eh vanthidu please pleasee...

A: Seriii! Varen, phone ah vai...

Hey Anju. Don't tell her. I want to surprise her.

Anju: Romba mukiyam. Bye.

Anjali's words 'child woman' echoed in Ashwin's mind while he listened to his personal playlist named Sivaangi, and his mind drifted to the conversation with his friends last night.

w

Prithvi: Are you serious about her?

A: What?

Prithvi: About Sivaangi?

A: Serious na enna artham? We are engaged to be married soon.

Prithvi: Thappa mean panala da. Just looking out for you as a good friend. She is very young. Konjam immature ah irukara maathri theriyuthu.

A: Immature? I know that you have met her only twice but you have been one of my closest friends for four year now. How well do you know me? Do I look impulsive or desperate?

Prithvi: Kova padaama kellu da.. please a little patience! Unna therinjathunala solarom. We have never seen you this committed about anything or anyone in your life. Nee ivlo serious ah iruka, you love her like your life depends on it. The mere mention of her name brings a smile on your face, the happiness when you are with her makes us wonder why you can't be the same when she isn't around? But we totally get it. Ava unnaku evlo important nu purithu. Nee life la settle aagnumnu nenaikara. And we agree that it is high time you settle down. We just don't want you to be disappointed down the lane.

Sivaangi on the other hand has so many friends and other people in her life. For an outsider, it looks like she looks at you the way she looks at any of her close friends. Please don't mistake me for saying this. She makes it look needy when she calls everyone anna, eventually they all pamper her, and she seems to thoroughly enjoy the attention. How are you special to her? Is she ready for a big step like marriage?