Chapter 1: Clematis

@lovingnerdCredit to her, for the idea of the first chapter

Clove's p.o.v

It was 7:00 AM in the morning. School started in an hour and it was the last day before winter break.

I took a shower, ate breakfast and kissed my brother goodbye. I closed the front door behind me and started running. I tried to be the fastest one at school. What I didn't see is that around the corner somebody else was running. 'BAM!!!' We ran very hard against each other. I didn't see him and he probably didn't see me. I dropped the books I had in my hands. ''Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!'' I said. We both get up. ''No it's my fault. I should be more careful.'' I looked at the boy. He had white blond hair and crystal blue eyes. ''Here.'' He handed me my books. ''Thank you,'' I said. ''What book are you reading?'' He asked. ''Stay,'' I answered. ''Friends?'' I asked. ''Friends!'' .We walked together to school.

After school, the boy came up to me. ''I forgot to ask your name!'' he told me. ''My name is Clove. What's yours?'' ''Cato.'' I closed my locker and turned back to him. ''So what are you going to do? It's winter break.'' He asked me. ''I don't know yet. But I turn eight in a few day's so that means that I finally can get to the training centrum.''

We lived in district 2, so that means that we get to train from the age of eight to go into the Hunger Games. So we can volunteer at the age of eighteen for that lucky kid that has been picked.

''I have to show you something,'' Cato said. We walked out of the school and walked over to the fence. It was a huge fence that was meant to keep the people in district two. Not that many people wanted to escape. We had one of the best districts in hole Panem. District 12 barely had food. District 11 was poor and sad. District 10 until 5 were normal. District 4 was also well fed because they did the fishery and learned using a trident from the age of five. District three was technology so that was not the richest but also not the poorest district (that was still district 12). And we and district 1 had the most money. District one was a luxury and we were weapons. First, we were masonry. But the capitol gave us another stage.

We crawled underneath the fence that was out of order. We walked into the woods. ''Here it is,'' Cato said. It was a beautiful place. ''it's beautiful!'' I said. ''It will be our place from now on.'' He told me. ''But it needs a name. What do you think of Clematis?'' ''What do you mean Clematis?'' ''From the Clematis flower.'' He said. He took a flower from the ground and gave it to me. ''Here, as a present.''

And that was the day when we became best friends.