Chapter 19: The girl who thinks she's perfect.

Cato's p.o.v.

I was overthinking everything. Would Cass accept us? Or would he hate us? Forever? I walked into the town. In a week, was Clove's birthday. I should get her something. I thought. I sighed. What does a 17 year old Clove like? I asked myself. I stopped in front of the weapon store, and entered it. ''Oh, hello Cato!'' The man in the store said. ''Hello.'' I said back. ''Can I help you?'' The man asked. ''Actually, yes. I'm searching for a knife for my fiancé.'' I said. ''What about Clove?'' The man asked me. ''Clove is my fiancé.'' I said. ''Congratulations!'' The man said. ''I have this one over here.'' He said, and he grabbed a silver box from underneath the counter. Inside, was a beautiful knife. The handle was black. ''I can engrave her name into it.'' The man said. ''That would be great! How much?'' I asked him. ''For the victor, it's free.'' He said. ''Thanks.'' I said. He took the knife with him, and five minutes later he returned. He showed the knife. ''It's beautiful.'' I said. Clove's name was engraved into it. He lays the knife back into the box, closes it and gives it to me. ''You're welcome.'' He said. I turned around and walked away.

I walked further into the town. I'm not really paying attention, until I hear someone saying my name. I look up. What I see, is something I didn't expected. Maralyn. ''Cato!'' She shouted. ''Maralyn.'' I said, sounding disappointed. What did this bitch wanted from me. Probably the fame. ''I missed you.'' She said, trying to hug me, but I avoid her. ''Not in the mood Maralyn.'' I said. ''Oh, what happened.'' She asked. ''Not going to tell you.'' I said, getting frustrated. ''Then please listen to me.'' She started. I sighed. ''Would you like to do something with me. Tonight?'' She asked. ''No, I don't think my FIANCE would like it if I talked to you. '' I said. ''Who's you're fiancé?'' She asked, disappointed. ''Who do you think!?!'' I shouted. She kept continuing. ''Proof it.'' She said. ''How?'' I asked her, getting angry. ''Show me.'' She said. I sighed. ''I don't know.'' She said. I sighed, again. ''I have an idea. But you'll have to follow me.'' She said, and she turned around. ''Wait!'' I said, and held her back. ''I have to get something at home first, for a very special lady.'' I said, winking. ''Alright, but do it fast.'' She said. ''I'll come to your house.'' I said. And she ran off.

I ran home, and opened the door. ''Cato!'' Clove came running over to me, when I closed the door behind my back. ''Clove!'' I said. She hugged me. ''Be at Maralyn's home in twenty minutes, okay?'' I told her. ''Why?'' She asked. I walked towards the training room, which we also had in our house! ''You'll find out soon enough. Let's say it has something to do with me and her. Can I borrow a knife?'' I said. ''Sure.'' She said, in a mysterious way. She gave me a small one. ''Clove, you have to promise me one thing.'' I said. ''What?'' She asked me. ''Whatever you're going to see, you have to trust me. I love you and you're the only one I love.'' I told her. I tried to walk away but she grabbed my wrist. ''What are you going to do?'' She asked me. ''Something I promise I'll never do again. Be there in twenty minutes.'' I said, and walked away.

Maralyn's parents moved out of their own house and went living on the other side of the district. Maralyn lived alone now. Her house was bright white. Next to the door were pink flowers. I ringed the doorbell. The door opened immediately, and Maralyn stood in front of the door. ''Hey cutie.'' She said. I rolled my eyes. ''Hey, can I come in?'' I asked her. ''Sure.'' She said. She lets me in. ''Upstairs first door on the left.'' She said. I nod. ''I'll be right there.'' She said, and walked into another room. I walked up the stairs. The first door on the left, was painted in a very light colour pink. On eye height, Maralyn was painted in golden letters on the door. I opened the door. The room was, obviously, pink with white. Against the wall, was a two person bed. The room smelt like perfume. On the floor, was a violet carpet. I felt in my pocket, and found Clove's knife. I kept it in my pocket, but closed my fist around it. I sat down on the bed, cause I didn't see a chair or something.