Chapter 6: ''Do you trust me?''

Cato’s p.o.v.

When she was calmed down again, I pulled away. ‘’What was that?’’ She asked. ‘’Something I wanted to do for a long time.’’ Was all I answered. ‘’We can’t.’’  ‘’I know we can’t, but I don’t care. Clove, this will change our lives forever. It won’t make us weak. That’s just what they say.’’ I said. ‘’Cato, it will make me weak.’’ She said. ‘’Why?’’ I actually knew why. I couldn’t kill her and she wouldn’t kill me. But we never would or even could. ‘’Because I can’t kill you. I can’t right now and I never will. But it would only make it worse.’’ ‘’I don’t think it will Clove. All you have to do is trust me.’’  She looked right into my eyes. ‘’I’ll find a way to get us both out of the games. I promise.’’ I saw that a bit of fire appeared in her eyes. ‘’Okay. I trust you. But what if you can’t keep your promise?’’ ‘’Than we’ll both die and we will still be together.’’ It really sounds like I am writing a roman. ‘’Listen Cato. I love you, and I know it sound weird but I really do. But I have just one warning for you. If this is just a trick to kill me in the games. Every girl is capable of murder, if you hurt her. In the games, you won’t be the only one walking around with a weapon. So remember that this little girl over here is also capable of murder.’’ I couldn’t believe she thought that this was just a trick. ‘’Clove, this isn’t a trick! I’m fucking serious!’’ She nodded. ‘’I know. It’s just a warning for if you change your mind.’’  Okay, she had a point. ‘’What’s today’s plan?’’ She asked. ‘’Well I guess it’s nothing really special. We have our first training tomorrow. That’s when we will meet the other careers. And if we will just work with district 1 or 4 or both. And we will need some sleep. So it won’t be later then 10 p.m..’’ She nodded again. ‘’So we have the time until they come and get us if we have to do something.’’ ‘’Yes, but it’s kind of late. So I don’t think they will.’’ I said. ‘’Kind of.’’ She laughed.

Clove’s p.o.v.                                                                                                                              

‘’If you don’t mind, I’m going to wear some comfy clothes.’’  I said. He touched my shoulder, turned around and walked away.  I walked over to the wardrobe. I took a blue tank top and some comfy jeans. I laid them over a chair and took a shower. I dressed on and looked in the mirror at myself. I wasn’t really sure if I knew the girl in the mirror. She seemed so weak. ‘’Ugh love.’’ See, this was the reason careers shouldn’t love. Eventually 75% of them died. And it happened a lot that the last two tributes were friends. And one of them had to kill the other one. I hated myself. I couldn’t hate Cato. I don’t know yet what I’m going to do in the games. But I’m a danger for him. I probably just have to leave him with the other careers. Just to make sure he’s safe. But I couldn’t leave him. What if the other careers didn’t trust him.  ‘’Clove sweetheart!’’ I heard Caitlyn shouting. ‘’Dinner!’’ I walked to the dining room. I sat down next to Cato. He looked at me. ‘’Okay?’’ He asked. ‘’Alright, but after dinner.’’ I said. ‘’I meant the career talk.’’ ‘’Huh what?’’ I was confused, tired, angry and sad at the same time. ‘’The career talk, tomorrow.’’ He said. ‘’Yeah, right.’’  ‘’What did you think he was talking about then?’’ Enobaria, who joined us, asked. ‘’Nothing. I’m just really tired.’’ ‘’You say so.’’  Cato was still looking at me. ‘’What are you looking at?’’ I asked him. ‘’Nothing.’’ And he looked away.  We started eating as soon as the avoxes started bringing the hot food plates. Another avox walked over to us with a can of water. When she tried to fill Brutus’s cup, she spilled a bit over his body. ‘’WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!!’’ He screamed. ‘’GET OUT! NOW!’’ I looked at Cato, he was definitely shocked about Brutus’s reaction.  The avox almost started crying.  ‘’YOU’LL BETER GET ME A NEW SHIRT! AND YOU DEFINETLY WILL BE PUNISHED!’’ Cato looked at me and touched my knee.