Chapter 16: The grand finale.

Cato's p.o.v.

''CATO WAKE UP!!!!!'' Clove shouts. I'm aware of the sun. ''didn't you hear it?'' She asks me. ''Hear what?'' ''I guess that's a no. The cannon.'' She says. ''Who's?'' I ask her. ''I guess it's 5's. Not sure, but I think so.'' She says. ''Prepare for battle.'' I tell her.

We are both busy with our weapons. It's getting hot, and we start sweating. ''You know. If these were our last moments together. Then I enjoyed them.'' Clove says. ''Me too.'' I answer her. ''What the heck!'' Clove says. I look in the same direction as she does. ''Grand finale.'' I say. It's getting darker in here. But it was early in the afternoon. ''Make sure you're ready.'' I say. We grab our weapons and water only and take one piece of the bread. We eat it fast and run away from the field into the forest. We stop every few minutes to drink a little and catch our breath.

It's completely dark now. We're both afraid. Not about what was about to happen. But about what was about to happen to the other. Clove holds my hand, and almost crushes it. I guess I'm doing the same. I'm thinking about what I would do without her. How I could survive without her. Would I ever find love again? Or would I even stop searching for it. I take a deep breath. I hear a growl. It scared the heck out of me. ''What .... Cato..... What.... What.... What was that Cato?'' She asked me. ''I don't know.'' I say. When I turn around, I see a wolf thing animal. But it wasn't looking at me. It had Peeta's eyes. It was a mutation. Clove started walking back. But as soon as she set her first steps, the wolf stepped forward. I grab my sword. As soon as it attacks Clove, she dives and tries to protect herself with her arms. The mutt was fast, but I was faster. I slide the mutt's throat with my sword. I run over to Clove. ''Are you okay?'' I ask her. ''Have been better.'' She says, out of breath. She gets up. I hear more growling. ''RUN!!!'' I say.

We both start running. We reach the cornucopia. ''Get on top of it.'' I say. I help her up, and jump myself. She grabs my arm and pulls me up. ''Thanks.'' I say. She nods. But then I'm in shock. Clove sees my face. ''What's going on Cato?'' She asks, and turns around. Right in front of us, was Katniss. I grab my sword, and Clove takes out one knife. But before we can even try to kill her, the mutt's reach the cornucopia. They are fast. Too fast if you ask me. The three of us look over the edge, to observe the danger in front of us. I recognize the eyes of Thresh, Rue, Glimmer, Thomas and Marvel. I look closer to Marvel. Well, at least the monster that had his eyes. He seemed to hold back a little. I saw Thomas doing the same thing. Eventually, they went for Katniss. She scream as soon as Marvel jumps. He almost reaches the edge. It wouldn't take long anymore, or he was on top of the cornucopia. Katniss turns her face towards us. She shoots and arrow at Clove, who's just on time to avoid it, and falls on the hard metal. I give Katniss an angry look.

''What?'' She asks us. ''You're careers. You both deserve to die!'' She screams. ''Yes,'' I start. ''But if you kill her first, you'll have to share the price with me. Remember?'' I remind her. One boy and one girl. I knew that she still had to die if it happened. ''You're just saying that to save her.'' Katniss says, mockingly. ''You fight, and you die. That's what careers do. You have nothing to win for.'' She continues, pointing an arrow at me. ''I still have my sister.'' Katniss says. ''That's too bad. Well we have something to fight for, if you didn't notice it yet.'' Clove says, while getting up. Katniss shoots the arrow at her. She avoids it again. ''Gosh! Just let me talk bitch!'' Clove shouts. ''Fake.'' She says. ''No it isn't.'' I say walking over to Clove. ''Than prove it!'' Katniss says. ''How?'' I ask her. ''Kiss her.'' She tells me. ''Haha, not falling for that one!'' Clove says. ''When we kiss, you have your time to shoot an arrow that kills us both at the same time.'' Clove says. ''Our love isn't like yours. Peeta told us everything, before we killed him.'' I say. Katniss rolls her eyes, and shoots an arrow at me, what gives Clove the opportunity to throw a knife at 12. It hit's her in her leg. ''AARGH!!!'' Katniss screams. Clove runs towards her, and jumps on top of her. ''This time, there's nobody to save you!'' Clove shouts. She presses Katniss head towards the mutt's with the eyes of Marvel and Thomas. But then, something unexpected happened.