Chapter 8; ''Is this the end?''

Clove’s p.o.v.

When I was relaxed again, Cato and I went back to the training. Glimmer didn’t talk to me at all. Marvel was the first who came over to me. ‘’Are you alright?’’ He asked. ‘’Yes, I am okay Marvel. Thanks for asking.’’ I answered. He gave me a tap on the shoulder and walked over to the spears again. Cato walked next to me. ‘’I think you should throw something at me.’’ He said. ‘’What why?’’ I asked him. ‘’Well, when we are in the games, we have to learn how to avoid something. This is our change.’’ He said. ‘’But then I want you to fight me first, then I know what your straights are, and how I can beat you.’’ I said. ‘’Alright.’’ He answered.

We walked over to the swords. He shove the dummies away while I was preparing myself by putting even more armour on my body. When I was done, Cato walked over to me and started putting even more armour on my body. ‘’Why so much armour?’’ I asked him. ‘’Because when I hit you, you’ll get wounded. The more armour, the more protected you are.’’ He said.    ‘’Why would you care so much?’’ I asked. He didn’t answer the question. ‘’Cato?!?’’  ‘’It doesn’t matter Clove, okay?’’ I walked over to the place where the dummy had been before. ‘’ready?’’ He asked. ‘’Always.’’ I said. He attacked. I could avoid his moves easily. ‘’Is this all you got?’’ I asked him. ‘’No, why?’’ He answered. ‘’Because this is too easy, even for the others.’’ I said.  Cato started moving different and swinging his sword with more force. And then he made the movement I couldn’t avoid. He had his sword next to my neck and turned behind me. ‘’Still too easy?’’ He asked. I didn’t answer the question. ‘’This isn’t fair!’’ I said. ‘’Why not?’’ ‘’I don’t know yet. But I know it isn’t fair.’’ I said. He laughed.

He walked over to my part. We changed the armour. I took 20 knives.  He stood in front of the target. ‘’Ready?’’ I asked. ‘’Yes!’’ He said. I took a few steps backward. I started running towards him and threw a few knives. He could avoid eight of the nine I threw in the first place. One of them came in the armour on his leg. When I reached him, I threw him on the floor and jumped on top of him. I took one of the other knives and held it against his neck.

Cato’s p.o.v.

She held the knife against my neck, but didn’t finish it.  ‘’What are you doing?’’ I asked her. ‘’Why don’t you try to get me off?’’ She asked. ‘’You’re right.’’ I said. She had her knees on my shoulders. I turned around, what made her flip off, and jumped on top of her. But she was small enough to escape. She sat next to me and held two knives against my neck. ‘’Okay, now I lost.’’ I said. ‘’Finally, you’re good at this.’’ She said. ‘’Thanks, I guess.’’ I answered. ‘’You’re a danger for the other people, you should show them.’’

‘’Thank you tributes,’’ A voice shouted through the room. ‘’You can return to your rooms now. Tomorrow will be another training day.’’ The voice said.

Clove and I walked over to the elevator. We were first, so we stepped in the elevator and Clove pressed the button of our floor. ‘’So how are you?’’ I asked her. ‘’Been better.’’ She answered.  The elevator doors opened, and we walked to my room. When I opened the door, she walked to her own room. ‘’Come to my room when you’re ready.’’ I said. ‘’Okay.’’ She answered.

Clove’s p.o.v.

I took a shower. I enjoyed the hot water on my muscles. I thought about the avox girl. When I was done, I dressed in some super comfortable clothes. Some yellow pants and an orange top. I tied my hair in a tail and walked over to Cato’s room.

I knocked on the door. I knew Cato was in there. A few moments later I heard his voice. ‘’Why don’t you just come in?’’ He shouted. I opened the door. I saw him picking out a shirt to wear. ‘’What’s your favourite colour?’’ He asked me. ‘’Red, why?’’ I said, while walking over to him. He took a red shirt out of his closet and showed it to me. ‘’that is why.’’ He said, while putting on the shirt.