Chapter 17: The victors interview.

Clove's p.o.v.

Royle and Chloe are doing our make-up. It took way to long. Cato was done after several minutes. Mine, took at least half an hour. I sighed. Cato took my hand, and waited for me. At least, they made me sit on a chair.

Finally, Royle was done. It took a long time, but there definitely was result. ''You're beautiful.'' Cato said. ''Thank you.'' I said. He tried to kiss me, but Royle cuts us off. ''NOT THE LIP GLOSS!!!'' He shouts. I see that Cato smiles. I smile too. It doesn't matter how, his smile always makes me smile. He's just so hot and cute. I just hug him. ''Be ready in ten minutes.'' They say. Without kissing, this would be a long ten minutes, I though.

Eventually, they didn't took as long as I thought. Enobaria came in. ''You two look beautiful!'' She said. ''Thanks.'' Cato says. She escorted us to Caesars stage. ''I'm happy for you two.'' She says. ''You'll be bounded forever.'' She continues. ''You can live together and marry at young age.'' She says. I nod, and smile. Cato does the same, I stare into his eyes. Royle walks by and shouts ''Not the lip gloss!!!'' We laugh.

We hear Caesar talking. He talks about the games mostly, but then I hear him talking about us. Cato grabs my hand. I listen to Caesar. ''Tonight, is all about our two victors, and their adventures. Tonight, is about the star crossed lovers from district 2! We love them, and they love each other. Tonight is about Clove and Cato!!!!'' He says. Enobaria pushes us forward. We walk further ourselves. Hand in hand. The crowd goes wild when they see us. Caesar welcomes us. ''Cato, Clove.'' He says. We both sit down. Caesar sits on his own chair, and we sit on the bench. Caesar calms down the crowd, and then immediately starts asking us questions.

''Welcome, welcome.'' He says ''We are pleased to see you again.'' . ''Believe me, we are pleased to see you too again Caesar.'' Cato says. Everyone laughs. I just smile at Cato. He smiles back. ''So, how was the arena for you guys, we enjoyed these games. Did you? '' He asks. ''Well, Caesar, '' I start. ''We had to spend a lot of time with each other, so I guess it was a lot of fun. On the other hand, when we had to kill each other, because of the rule change, It was awful. I had to kill the person I love.'' I said. ''And you couldn't live without him.'' He says. Cato grabs my hand again. The whole crowd says ''aww.'' ''What happened between you guys and Marvel in the arena, when you were searching for wood for the fire?'' Caesar asked Cato. Cato doubted for a moment. But eventually he answered. ''We made plans to get rid of Glimmer.'' He said. ''Oh, and why?'' Caesar asked him. ''Cause she was trying to betray us.'' Cato answered. ''Then what did she do?'' Caesar asked me. ''Glimmer knew I loved Clove, but she tried to make me love her, she failed anyways, but she did it, so it wouldn't be hard for her to kill me in the end.'' Cato answers.

Cato's p.o.v.

I said it as fast as I could. District 1 would hate us, but love us. We kind of let Glimmer die, but tried to save Marvel. ''Well, if she did, I think you guys did a great job.'' Caesar says. I switch from hand with Clove and lay my arm around her shoulders. ''And what are you going to do next?'' He asked the both of us. ''We are going to live together.'' She says. I nod. ''And we'll share the house with her brother.'' I say fast. ''That's sweet.'' Caesar says. ''But now,'' Caesar said. ''Maybe a weird question.'' He says. ''Why did you volunteer.'' I didn't knew what to answer. There were a lot of answers for me. ''I just wanted to.'' Clove said. ''I had a few reasons. My friend, Tor (A/N he's a friend of Cato in the hunger games adventures (game)) is sick, and I wanted to go for him. Second of all....'' I was quiet for a moment. Clove laid her other hand on my leg, and nods. ''My sister just died. And if I died, I could be with my family again.'' I said. ''What about Clove?'' Caesar asked me. ''I had a depression, I didn't think about it. But eventually, Clove is the reason I'm still alive.'' I said. ''Oh, why?'' Caesar asked. I couldn't answer the question. I knew the words, but they stayed in my throat. Eventually, Clove answered the question for me. ''He wanted to end his life.'' She said. Everybody was shocked. Stupid question!