Chapter 3: Clove Sevina

Cato’s p.o.v.

Clove took me to her house. It was warm inside. She told me to sit on the bench. ‘’How did you knew where I was?’’ I asked her. ‘’I was training with my brother and we were looking for you. We couldn’t find you so my brother went practising and I went to your old home. When you weren’t there I went into the woods. I found a track of blood and followed it. When I couldn’t find any more blood I looked up and saw you.’’  ‘’You are way too smart Clove!’’

She gave me a cup of tea. ‘’Just hold your anger for a few weeks. You can give everything away in the games.’’ ‘’I know Clove. But it is just way to hard.’’ ‘’I know. But you need help.’’

We walked upstairs. She points me her room. ‘’You can choose. Bed or bench?’’ ‘’Bench please.’’  She dropped a pillow on the bench. ‘’Here you go.’’  I sat down.  ‘’Are you hurt from yesterday?’’ I ask her.

Clove’s p.o.v

‘’Are you hurt from yesterday?’’ He asks me. ‘’No, I’m not. You?’’  ‘’A bit.’’ He answers. I knew him for a long time now. When he says a bit, he actually means : yes, but I don’t want you to care about it. ‘’How much is a bit?’’ I asked him. He stands up, turns around and pulls his shirt off. His whole back was full with deep wounds and blood. ‘’What did they do to you?’’ ‘’What do you think.’’ Was all he said. I knew exactly what they did, I also knew that he didn’t wanted to talk about it. ‘’I’ll take  you to my uncle. He can do something about it.’’ He put his shirt on again and walked after me down the stairs.

‘’Uncle Haven!!!’’ I shouted. He opened the door. ‘’Dear, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you two be at the training?’’ ‘’Yes, but you have to take a look at his back.’’ ‘’Come inside.’’ I walked to the kitchen. Cato followed me. ‘’What are we doing here?’’ He asks me. ‘’My uncle is a doctor. He can help you with the pain.’’ ‘’Take a seat on the table Cato.’’ Haven said. Cato walked over to the table and put his shirt off. ‘’What did they do to you?’’ Haven asked. Cato sighs. ‘’We were arrested. Not for something bad. He tried to save his sister. But they…..’’ I saw the tears coming in Cato’s eyes. ‘’I understand.’’ Haven says. ‘’You are really badly hurt. Are you going to volunteer?’’ ‘’Yes, I am.’’ Cato says. ‘’And you are too?’’ My uncle asks me. ‘’Yes.’’ ‘’Good luck/ Cato, I can help you now with some medicine, but when you are in the capitol they will help you. They can’t put somebody who is already in pain into the games. They will use a potion or something.’’ He gave me the medicine ‘’Thank you Mr. Sevina.’’ He said. ‘’You are very welcome.’’

We walked back to my house. Cass opened the door. ‘’Were have you been?’’ He asks Cato. ‘’On the mountain.’’  ‘’We are not going to talk about is Cass.’’ I said.

Cato’s p.o.v.

I took some of the medicine. It was terrible.  Clove laughed. ‘’Does is taste bad?’’ ‘’How does it look like?’’ I answered. She handed me a water bottle. The medicine helped immediately. ‘’Thanks.’’ I said. ‘’How do you feel?’’ She asks. ‘’Way better.’’ ‘’Try to get some sleep. Tomorrow’s the big day.’’ ‘’Sure.’’

Clove turned off the light. The bench was pretty comfortable. ‘’Clove?’’ ‘’Yes Cato.’’ ‘’You never told me who you exactly are. I know you, but I don’t know your story.’’ ‘’Well if you really want to know. My mother died when I was five. My father started drinking and had to go to a clinic. After he left, my brother raised me and I never saw my father again.’’ ‘’So, your father is still alive.’’ ‘’Yes.’’ ‘’And you are not an orphan?’’ ‘’No, I’m not.’’ ‘’O okay.’’ ‘’Why do you wanted to know?’’ She asked me. ‘’Well, we are going to volunteer tomorrow, and I have to know you because we are partners from then on.’’ ‘’Okay, get some sleep now.’’