Chapter 4: ''I volunteer!''

Clove’s p.o.v.

When I woke up, Cato was still asleep. ‘’Cato wake up!’’ I shake him by the shoulders. He wakes up slowly. ‘’Get dressed. Here are the clothes Cass took for you.’’  He walked over to the bathroom.

When he finally comes downstairs he wears a normal pants with a white shirt. Nice, and in his own style. ‘’Finally, take some bread and go to the reaping.’’ My brother said. ‘’I’m already leaving, see you both in the meeting room.’’

Five minutes later Cato and I left. We had to splits. ‘’See you.’’ He said. I walked over to the girls. I pressed my finger on the paper and walked to the girls of my age. I saw Malia (my friend) talking to another girl. ‘’Hey Malia.’’ ‘’Hey Clove. Going to volunteer?’’ ‘’Yes.’’ ‘’And Cato?’’ ‘’He’s also going to.’’ ‘’Bad luck. I have to lose one of you. Your my best friend, and you know how I think about him.’’ ‘’Yes I do.’’ I told her.

Cato’s p.o.v.

I walked to the boys of my age.  When I was on my place I tried to find Clove. She wasn’t really hard to find because everyone was wearing white or grey and she was wearing a black dress. At that moment somebody came over to me. ‘’Where is your sister?’’ He asked me. ‘’She was sick and died.’’ I lied. ‘’Bad luck.’’ He said. I didn’t knew who he was. When he walked away I could relax a bit. But not for long.

‘’Welcome, Welcome.’’ Caitlyn said. ‘’Now the time has come for us to select one courage’s young man and women. For the honour, of representing district 2 in the 74th annual hunger games.’’  

Clove’s p.o.v

‘’As usual, lady’s first.’’ Caitlyn walked over to the bowl with names. ‘’Elia Value!’’ ‘’I volunteer!!!!’’ I shouted. I walked over to the podium. ‘’What’s your name sweetheart?’’ ‘’Clove Sevina.’’ ‘’Well congratulations.’’ She walked over to the male’s bowl.

Cato’s p.o.v

‘’And now for the boys.’’ ‘’Finn Helue.’’ ‘’I Volunteer!!!’’ I shouted on the same volume.  ‘’Come over here.’’ Caitlyn said. ‘’What’s your name’’ She asked me. ‘’Cato Hadley.’’  ‘’Congratulate this year’s tribute’s for district 2. Cato and Clove!!!’’

The crowd went crazy. We were escorted into the building.  I saw Cass coming inside the building. There was another man. I guess it was Clove’s father. Cass came to my room and the man went to Clove.

‘’Good luck man.’’ Cass said. ‘’I’ll take care of your sister. I promise.’’ ‘’If she doesn’t make it out alive, you have to.’’ He gave me a brochacho hand shake and went to Clove. The man came out of her room and walked in to mine.’’  ‘’Listen boy.’’ He said. ‘’ If you come out alive, instead of my daughter, I’m going to kill you.’’ He took something out of his jacket. I felt a huge pain in my stomach.  He turned around. I looked down where the pain came from and saw a knife pointing out of my stomach. A peace keeper came inside to escort me to the train. He saw the knife and shot the man through the head.  Another man took the body. I went to the train. Clove was already there.   ‘’Hey.’’ I said. And we walked over to our bedrooms.