Chapter 7: Hydra

You've taken the girls advice and are going to find Bucky to tell him your issues with what happened when you were tested on, all those years ago.

As you round the corner, just outside the compound entrance, you see Bucky coming towards you with purpose.  He catches your eye and slows down before he reaches you.

"Hey."  He says quietly.

"Hey yourself."  You reply.

There's an awkward silence for a few seconds before you decide to start the conversation off.

"Buck, look....I came to find you because I wanna sort this whole thing out."

Bucky smiles slightly, before replying.

"That's the whole reason I've come to find you," he says.

"OH!"  You say back, shocked that he's had the same idea as you.  "Ok....Shall we go and find somewhere to-"

You're interrupted by the buzz of your phone, and you both look down as you retrieve it from your pocket.

"Ah."  You say, looking back up at Bucky.  "Duty calls-Tony needs us.  Raincheck on this conversation?"

"Sure."  Bucky replies, turning and walking alongside you back into the compound.

As you both head in to the main room of the compound, you see that the rest of the team have already arrived.  You pretend not to notice the raised eyebrows, as you both enter together.

"What's happening, does anyone know?"  Steve asks, as Tony walks into the room.  "Tony?!"

"We've had intel about another possible attack."  Tony says nonchalantly, slowly walking past the table you're all around with his hands in his pockets.

"How possible?"  Thor asks from his standing position in the corner of the room.

"Well....given that we've all been called together at once, I'd say very possible."  Nat replies to him, before looking over at Tony.  "It's them isn't it?"  She asks him.  "It's Hydra?"

Your entire body suddenly feels like ice, and you feel your heart rate pick up.  You look over at Bucky, willing yourself to calm down.

"Our Hydra?!"  You ask him, unable to hide the shaking in your voice, remembering the organisation that tortured you and froze you in time.

Bucky's gaze softens as he looks at you-you know he can tell you're panicking.

"It's fine Doll,"  he says, keeping eye contact with you.  "It's not 'our Hydra' anymore OK?"

You nod, unable to speak through the emotion clogging your throat.

"James is right,"  Vision says, looking between you both.  "We're together in this." 
Beside him, Wanda nods in agreement.

"Mmhmm."  Sam also agrees.

"Yes..." Tony begins again.  "It does appear to be a Hydra facility."

"Damn..."  Sam says, shaking his head.  "OK, so what's the plan?"

You find your voice once again.

"The plan is that we take them down....right Tony?!"

"Spot on!"  Tony says, smiling at you.  "Suit up guys-let's take them down!"