Chapter 13: Life's Too Short

Shortly after Steve leaves, you hear more footsteps approaching your room.  Looking up, you see Wanda and Natasha, as they enter your room.

"Hey girl, how you feeling?"  Nat asks, as she sits down next to you.

"Aching, sore....you know." You say, as Wanda then sits down the other side of you.  "Oh you just missed Steve by the way.  He stopped by for a bit."

"What did he want?"  Wanda asks, looking down at the ground.

"Ah, that's why you're both here.   You both know why he was here, and you've come to say the same things he did!  Well, I'll save you some time-I don't want to discuss any of it."

"So he didn't manage to talk some sense into you then?"  Nat asks, straight faced.  "Maybe he didn't try hard enough to tell you that Bucky didn't leave your side the entire time you were unconscious?  Or, maybe he didn't manage to get out that Bucky was inconsolable every single time we saw him-crying constantly, because he thought he was going to lose you....again."

You stare at her, unable to form words.

"He was crying?"  You ask quietly.  "I've never seen him cry."

"So that part you didn't know."  Natasha says.  "Honestly, I think at this point, after what you've just been through, it's maybe worth considering that life is too short to not sort issues out...."

You look between her and Wanda, before speaking again.

"Wanda?  Any input from you?!"  You ask your friend hopefully.

"I agree with Nat."  She says.  "We almost lost you.  Life is too short."

You sit and think for a moment before replying. 

"Jesus girls.  You're a lot harder to ignore than Steve was!  You're right, unfortunately.  I'm going to go and speak to him."

They both smile at each other as you stand on shaky legs and leave them sat on your bed, in order to find Bucky and sort your issues, once and for all.