Chapter 19: Hydra Or....?

You're all gathered round at the compound, relaxing after a debrief from the previous mission.  You look over and see Tony, slumped in his chair, hand over his face, rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

"What's up with you Stark?!"  You say with amusement in your voice.  He reminds you of a petulant child when he's like this.  He doesn't reply, just groans slightly before going back to sulking.

"I think Mr Stark is frustrated and concerned as to the true leaders of the attacks we've been facing."  Vision says, while Wanda looks on, concern etched upon her face too.

"Well, who else could be behind them?"  Sam asks, his arms folded.

"That's just it, we can't think of anyone else..."  Steve replies.  "We genuinely thought it was just Hydra."

You swallow, uneasy with where the conversation is going.

"Well, maybe it is still Hydra, like we thought originally?"  You say, looking around the room.  Your eyes fall upon Bucky, who is frowning and not making eye contact with anyone.

"Nope."  Tony says as he stands and walks into the open plan kitchen area of the main room.  "They're just not big enough for these attacks.  Alone, they wouldn't have the intel to always be prepared for our arrival."

Bucky follows Tony towards the kitchen area, and begins pouring himself a drink.

"I agree."  He says nodding towards your friend.

Tony looks him up and down before responding.

"My good whiskey?  Really Barnes?"  He asks, shaking his head.

"Just being part of the team Tony."  Bucky retorts.

You roll your eyes at their exchange-they're like a couple of school children when they get together.  

"Nat?  What do you think?"

She shakes her head slightly.  "I honestly don't know.  But I'm going to Vienna to the United Nations Conference tomorrow, so I will see if anyone has any ideas while I'm there."

"Worth a shot."  Steve says glumly.  "The only shot we have."

Natasha turns back to you.  "Do you want to come with me to Vienna?"  She asks.

You pause before stammering a reply.  "I...Uh...No thanks.  I'm going to stay here and look into it all from base I think."

Steve turns to look at you, frowning as he does so, before you hear Wanda say that she's going to do the same.

Feeling restless, you stand, glancing quickly over at Natasha.  

"Fab-good luck over there Nat."  You say, as you briskly leave the room without making eye contact with anyone else.