Chapter 43-Forever

After a few days of catching up with the rest of the team, you and Bucky head out one evening for some time just the two of you.

"How you doing Doll?"  Bucky asks as you settle on bar stools with your drinks. "I imagine it's weird going through all of that...?"

 The bar is almost empty apart from a few patrons dotted around, but it could be filled with people, and you know you'd only see Bucky. 

"You know, it's odd."  You begin.  "I don't feel like I've been away, and yet I feel like part of me has been missing."

Bucky nods, before taking a small sip of his drink.  "It felt like that here too...."  He says, his voice trailing off.

"Were you OK?  You didn't seem it when I got back.  I can't imagine what you went through here Buck."

Bucky grimaces slightly, before draining his drink, and doesn't reply.  That's all the answer you need.

"Ah....that bad huh??  God, I'm so sorry James.  That whole situation with Thanos....it was totally my f- "

Bucky interrupts. 

"Don't do that Doll."  He says quickly.

"I'm sorry, I just feel so guilty."  You continue.  "I never wanna leave you again Mr Barnes."

Bucky leans over so his nose is almost touching yours.

"I actually don't think you're ever going to get rid of me again to be honest...."  You say, almost whispering, not moving from your close proximity to his face.  He doesn't move either before replying.

"Probably best you marry me then...no chance of you ever leaving." He says with the same whisper.

Before you have chance to process what he's just said, he pulls you closer, and your lips lock for the first time in what feels like eternity.  You sigh and sink into his arms, emotion clawing at your throat.  Pulling away reluctantly, but desperate to reply to your man, you look him in the eyes, noticing his are glazed with unshed tears.

"I think that's one of the best ideas you've ever had James..."  You say, your voice breaking as you try and continue.  "Mrs Barnes, does have a certain ring to it doesn't it..."

You step back a little to take in your future husband, and he pretends to grab you back, like he can't be apart from you for a second.

"C'mon hot stuff, let's go home."   You laugh.  "And bring those grabby hands with you."  You wink and bite your lip for full effect as you hear him groan and run after you.

Shaking your head and deliberately slowing down, you know this is it now-life with this man is never going to be quiet, and you'd have it no other way.