Chapter 21: Unknown Caller

Since the explosion in Vienna, and the concern that the team have a mole working for the enemy, the compound has been a hive of activity.

Bucky hasn't seen you for days, so comes to find you in the main room.  Tony is there working on more information, and Bucky wastes no time in asking him if he's seen you.

"Briefly yeah Barnes."  Tony tells him.  "But she felt ill, so has been in her room for the rest of the day sleeping whatever it is, off."

Bucky's heart starts to race.  

"I've already been to her room, she's not there Tony.  That's why I came in here to ask." 

Tony looks back at Bucky and shrugs his shoulders nonplussed and too busy to get into a conversation about your whereabouts.

Bucky sighs before racing outside to call you.  The phone rings three times before it connects.

"Ah Mr Barnes."  A voice says.  "Finally we get to speak."

Bucky's blood runs cold, and not just because he's outside in the brisk winter air.  

"Who the hell is this and why are you answering my girls phone?"  He asks, ignoring the agreement to not discuss your relationship with anyone.

"You'll find out soon enough 'James'."  The voice speaks again.  "She thinks a lot of you doesn't she...."

"Look, I don't know who this is, and quite frankly I don't care.  Put her on the phone right now!"

"As you wish Mr Barnes."  The male voice says.

There is a pause, until the silence is broken by your muffled screaming.  Bucky begins to lose all resolve, swallowing down the sickness that has suddenly taken over his body.

"I was trying so hard to keep my cool with you."  He says, breathing heavily.  "I swear to god, if you hurt her....."

"If??  Or when Mr Barnes?"  Bucky balks when he once again hears your screams echoing through the phone.

"Just tell me where you are.  You've made your point.  Take me instead."  Bucky bargains.

"Oh we intend to tell you exactly where we are.  Stay by your phone." 

The phone goes quiet, and Bucky realises the call has been disconnected.  With panic rising throughout his usually steely body, he runs back into the compound to Tony.

"TONY!"  He shouts on approach.  "I found her-at least I think I did.  I called her phone and some guy answered...."

"So?"  Tony says not understanding the sudden concern.  "She's with a guy.   What's the big deal?"

"We're together-like, a couple Tony!  This isn't her off on a date with a random!"

"You're both together?  Officially?  So this guy.....wait, sh*t, she's not OK is she."  Tony says as realisation dawns on him.

Hearing Tony confirm what is actually happening to you, makes Bucky's skin prickle, as he panics even more.  

"Tell me everything you know Barnes."  Tony says calmly.  "And gather the others."