Chapter 31: The Children

Across the country where Vision and Wanda are hiding out, they are walking down an empty street-Wanda in her civilian clothes, and Vision phased into a human form.  As Vision turns to face her, a large weapon is forced through his body, making him phase back into his Vision form.

"Vision!"  Wanda screams, as she witnesses her friend scream in agony.

Without thinking she attempts to use her powers to deter the villain wielding the weapon, but is thrown off course by someone elses powers.  As she struggles to her feet, she looks over to find an odd creature, pressing his weapon against the stone in Visions head.  He is still screaming in pain, and she knows she must summon her energy to get him and them out of this situation quickly.

Using her powers, she throws both of the criminals off of Vision, and pulls him towards her, before lifting them both into the sky, to safety.

As she makes her escape, holding Vision tightly to her side, the female of the two offenders, shoots her out of the sky, changing her course, and ending with her and Vision crashing through the glass roof of a nearby train station.

As they roll and then skin to a halt, Vision stops, barely moving, while Wanda stands straight up, knowing she has to protect her friend.  As the two villains land in front of her and she begins to energise her powers once more, she feels movement behind her and turns to look.  Standing across the platform, his eyes burning with fury, stands Steve.  Before she knows it, a fight has broken out including Sam and Natasha.  The criminals are outnumbered and they know it.  The male receives a brutal hit, and the team surround them both as they comfort each other.

"Who are you?"  Natasha asks forcefully.

"We are the children of Thanos."  The female replies, before a beam of light takes them back through the hole in the roof. 

Sam and Wanda help Vision to his feet, under the watchful eye of Steve.

"Thank you Captain."  Vision says, his voice shaking with pain.

Steve nods his understanding.

"We need to get back to Tony....Now."  He says, and the team follow him back to safety.

Somewhere......far, far away....... a large figure is getting ready to fight.

He. Is. Coming.

Thanos. Is. Coming.