Chapter 30: The Enemy

You both don't make it to the compound, because Tony messages to tell you both there is trouble and to lay low while he tries to sort it.

At the compound he is discussing the latest turn of events with Bruce.

"I don't know where they both are."  He tells Bruce about you and Bucky.  "I told them both to lay low and that's exactly what they're doing!"

"Tony this is serious!"  Bruce insists.

"Tell me about it."  Tony replies dryly.

"Our findings Tony....You know who's coming."  Bruce says, his volume rising.

"I know Bruce!  I've got the others as safe as possible.  What else can I do?!"

"You could come up with a plan-they're not safe, no matter where they're laying low."  Bruce replies.

"So what, I magic some miracle team out of thin air that are strong enough to defeat him?  We're not that team, and you know we're not."  Tony argues back.

"Well no, but that's partly because we don't even know what he's planning at this stage."  Bruce replies.  "We knew these recent attacks were bigger than Hydra.  But to find out he's behind all of this...we're out of our depth for sure Tony."

"I know, I know.  But honestly Bruce-for once I don't know how to fix this."

"Get the others back here Tony.  We're safer together.  Especially Vision.  He's going to be the one who they're after first."

"Yeah you're right."  Tony says.

"So....what do we do first?"  Bruce asks.

"We make calls and we get our team safely back together."  Tony says.  "And then we get a plan together to defeat this Son of a B*tch."