Hair Braiding

Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo were all sitting around in the main foyer of the mansion. Tommy and Ranboo where sitting on the ground, the blonde braiding the other's hair. The Enderman hybrid had taken off his crown so it wouldn't get in the way. Small allium flowers sat beside Tommy, who was braiding them into the half and half hair. Tubbo sat on the steps of the grand stairs, watching Michael run around. Tommy had deemed Tubbo's hair way too short to be able to braid, and therefore was not apart of the hair-braiding party.

Tubbo messed with a strand of his brunette hair. He thought his hair was long. It covered his eyes most of the time and the most he could do with it was a small ponytail. That was long enough to make a braid, right? The small goat boy grumbled under his breath and looked up.

Michael was standing in front of his other father, playing patty cake with Ranboo. The zombie piglin's smile was infectious, making Ranboo chuckle and tilt his head. Tommy got frustrated with the other's constant movement and slapped the top of his head. "STOP MOVING, GOD DAMMIT." Ranboo hissed between his teeth, placing one of his hands on top of his head. "WELL YA COULDA ASKED ME FIRST! I WOULD'VE STOPPED!"

Tommy huffed and settled down quickly. "Just stop moving." There was a taut moment of silence between them before the blonde went back to braiding. Ranboo glanced to where he had placed his crown to see it was gone. "Hey, my cro-"

"Michael has it." Tubbo cut off his husband, watching their son run away to the far corner of the room and then plop on the ground. Ranboo watched helplessly as Michael first inspected it then began to chew on it.

Tubbo leaned forward on his stair a bit. "Hey Michael! Whatcha got there, bubs?" The zombie piglin jumped up and ran over to his goat father, holding the crown in his small hands. Michael let Tubbo take the crown from him without much resistance. He wiped the saliva off and started inspecting the headpiece, turning it around slowly in his hands. Ranboo watched him quietly.

Tubbo had seen it up close and from far away multiple times before. It wasn't new to him, but he always wanted to look at it again. Unevenly placed gems, worn gold. Maybe that's all it was to others, but it intrigued Tubbo. His lime green eyes stared into the three gems in the front, two red flanking an emerald green. His reflection in the gems stared back at him, deep and knowing.

"Tubbo...? You good, man?" The half goat snapped his head up, Tommy's voice yanking him out of his thoughts. The two boys still sat on the floor, Tommy's hands midway through the motion of another braid.

"Yeah I'm good!" Tubbo stood up and shimmied around Michael, who had found a spot to sit on the stairs. He made his way over to the others as Tommy tied the braid to a neat end.

Ranboo shook his head slightly before standing up. Thankfully, the alliums were so tightly woven into his hair that they wouldn't fall out. The Enderman hybrid helped Tommy up to his feet, then turned around to see Tubbo behind him. His husband was holding the crown carefully in his open palms as he knelt down to the ground. Ranboo chuckled, thinking it was just a bit, until he looked over his shoulder to see Tommy kneeling in the same manner.

"Guys? What in the name of ender are you doing?" Ranboo noticed Tubbo lift the crown up higher as he spoke. He grabbed it carefully and placed it on top of his own head.

The two boys didn't move from their spot until Michael wandered over to them. The zombie piglin started climbing on Tommy's back, reaching for Ranboo. The blonde was grumbling under his breath but stayed still. Tommy didn't want Michael to fall off and get hurt because he knew how protective his friends were. He felt hooves dig into his shoulder blades as Michael stood up.

Ranboo let out a soft chuckle and picked his son up from under his armpits. "Stand up you two."

"I'm no one you should be bowing to."