chapter two

welcome to the first trimester

Mornings for Sasha would usually include hovering the toilet seat due to morning sickness, one of the symptoms in the first trimester of pregnancy. She finds herself in this position a couple times in a day, which she strongly disliked. Especially, making it difficult to hide this pregnancy from family and colleagues. Once the torture ended for Sasha, she rose on her feet to flush it down the toilet before brushing her teeth and gurgling mint flavor mouth wash.

She moved into her bedroom from the connected bathroom to change out of her pajamas. Her regular check up at the doctor's came upon her eight week mark into the pregnancy. Since realizing that a human being is growing inside of her, Sasha began finding herself checking every other week any physical changes to her body. Nothing much as she stood to the side in front of the mirror, glancing at her stomach. Only a slim bump, though eating nowadays caused to feeling bloated.

When she slipped into her jeans, they started to feel a little tight but remain fitting enough to button with ease. However, that wouldn't be the case in the following months.

"Good morning." Sasha made her presence in the dining room where May and Harry ate their cooked breakfast meals, and Athena pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Morning Sasha!" Her younger cousins greeted in unison.

Athena came around, bracing her niece. "Morning baby, are you going to join us for breakfast? I got another omelet waiting with your name on it." She beamed a giddy smile, a repetitive one in the last few months. Don't get Sasha wrong, her aunt Athena has always had this loving and warm aura like a mama bear to her cubs. Except it's been lifted to another level, and Sasha believes the origin of this is someone special came into her life.

If Sasha is correct about her aunt moving on with another man then she's happy for her. After what she endured through this transition is what she deserves. She wasn't going to instigate the older woman's love life, rather wait until she's ready to introduce that special someone to the family.

When Athena mentioned the omelet, Sasha's nostrils struck at the strong smell which stirred a nauseating feeling inside. She shook her head, "Actually, I'm going to have breakfast with Yasmin and Josh." She swallowed the incoming bits of vomit in her throat.

Sasha had avoided breakfast with the family here and there. Either excuse herself by stating to beat the traffic or going to meet with Josh and Yasmin. More so, proclaiming to cut down certain foods for them to not hold any suspicion when eating lunch or dinner at the table.

"You never eat breakfast with us anymore." Harry quipped.

Sasha stifled a laugh, "Mornings get a little busier when you're an adult, Harry. You'll understand later." She narrowed at the young back before reverting back to her aunt, who hummed in agreement. "I'll see you guys later."