Chapter Three - Into The New World

I go to work as usual. It's only a 5-7 minute walk, so I get the chance to search for my souly. Sadly I don't see him this time either. My stomach is filled with three toasts and a glass of milk. I can see some people looking weirdly at me, probably because of my clothes. I just smile at them. As I walk through our breakfast place, I remember the phonecalls yesterday. First the one with the voice, and then Aunt Pamela's. I sigh sadly at the taugt of my lonely and widowed aunt. Her husband served in wars, and unfortunately died in one too. They have no kids.

"Morning Lily" I say to the receptionist. She looks up from the PC and gives me a smile. "Morning". As I make my way to my office I nød quietly and smile to everyone I see. Just as I am about to enter my office, someone shouts my name. "Nadya", I hear our area leader call out. I turn around, only to see his beautiful eyes walking up to me. I can't tell which color, but they are shining. I give him a smile as he approaches me with a file. "I hope you are done on the article". "About the hurricane", he ads. It sounds like he is stressed out about me not doing it, but I know he is just asking. I nod with an assuring smile, before I unzip the bag I am holding in my hands. I hand him the papers and he checks my work. In the meantime I watch him. How his glowing eyes are fastly lookikg through my text. How he has the perfect grip around my paper. He is kind of muscular, but not too much. "Nadya", he says, catching me looking at him. I blush and smile, before looking him in the eyes. "I have a new case for you", he says slowly, probably wondering why I was staring at him. "And?" I ask him. He signals me to go inside the office. I had completely forgotten that we were both still standing on our side or the door. I was inside while he was outside. I back up, to give him space. He comes forward and closes the door behind him. "I know how much you wanted it". He says. What is he talking about? Him, yes I want him. A little smile comes on my face. "The boss and I talked a lot about it, but you are our best reporter. We want you..." Oh, it's about work. Oh shoot. "To travel TO USA". "I'm sorry, what? ", I say in shock. Do they want me to leave me home country? "look" he sighs. "We are having slow news days, and our wievers are dropping. We need something new, something eye opening". He becomes a bit sad, but after slightly shaking his head, he smiles again. "We want you to interview an avenger, any you like". He lays the file om my very messy desk, gives me a last smile, and leaves the room. An avenger? Those people on the American news? I look after him as he walk over to his office. I can feel his cent still in the room. He smells... Like vanilla, Hugo boss perfume and a hint of mint.

I go through the file about 5 times. I want to travel, I can speak fluent English, and I have a passport, I see why they chose me. But I'm not ready. I can't leave everyone. They say the trip is for about a week or so. I can do this, I assure myself. The plane leaves tomorrow morning, at 3 in the morning. I will land someplace called LaGuardia Airport and tace a cab from there to...The aven... Avengers compound. Well well, if I can find a good scoop it's probably worth it. I close the file, put it in my bag, and walk for the door. "Take my hand.. don't let go"... It's my phone. I still haven't got used to my new ringtone that Nicholas set for me as a joke. I lirk the phone up from my pocket and look at the display. Unknown Number. Again? I get an idea. I hurry up and open my laptop and plug my phone to it. I use the new app the news got everyone, since they did not want to be hacked again.

 I use the new app the news got everyone, since they did not want to be hacked again

The phone rings a bit longer, just enough time for the app to ping a location. It's somewhere in town. I can't get a closer look before the phone stops and ping dissappears. Someone from town is trying to call me with a creepy voice? Maybe it's just a prank. I pack my things dissappointedly back in my bag and head for the door once again. Time to pack. I think to myself as I walk my way home.

____

She walks peacefully, not noticing the grey van outside the building. She dosent feel the eyes of two people on her. She seems happy, they think. Let's change that.

--------

Thank you so much for reading. This is my first story, and I hope you like it... So far. I don't know how writing works, but I have a passion for it and am always eager to learn more. Please comment below on tips and tricks to help me.

You deserve the world❤️