Chapter Nineteen - Underground?

Bucky is stressed while he sits with all the others on the quinjet. Everyone is silent, and all they hear is the motor. Bucky can't help but think about æ what happens if she doesn't choose him, but Steve instead. "Were 5 minutes out", Nat says from the cockpit. Steve nods and stands up. "Alright, Clint and Tony, you take the roof, Nat and me will take the North and East and Bucky you will take the South and West", everyone nods at their commands and get ready to run the moment the plane touches ground. Bucky is the first one out. When he sees the building he stops. It is huge and grey. Bucky sighs before he runs toward the south side of the building. He kicks open the only door on the wall and walks in with his pistol in his hands and finger on the trigger.

----

"Help", is all I can scream. Even though I know no one is probably listening. I gather mote energi and jump towards the door once again. Sconce the man left me after making me drink water, I have come halfway towards the door. Even though it is pretty dark, I can see almost everything. I can see the empty walls and the roof. But then, when I look to the door again, I see something. It is not big. It is a small objekt, and it gets clearer and clearer as I come near it. Finally, after a long time I reach the door. I can see the black thing on the floor, but I can't pick it up. I know that the only way to get the thing, is to fall backwards on the ground. I take a deep breath, and lean backwards. I can feel my back hurting and my head touching the floor. It hurts a lot, but I don't care. My hand reaches the thing and I grab it. It is a card. It is hard. I look at it, but it is not possible to read in the dark. Next things I do, I feel like I don't even know what I'm doing. My hands push the card under the chair, and then pull it up so that it breaks. Then my hand suddenly tries to cut through the rope on my hand.

----

Bucky has looked through every room in the West and South. It is nothing. "All clear", he hears Clint say into the earpiece. "All clear", Steve says too. Bucky sighs. "All clear", he says with a sad tone. He really thought she was going to be here. He just wanted to apologise for the night. "Wait", someone says in the earpiece. It's Tony's voice. "There is an elevator here. I think there is another floor under this one", he says and a new hope rides insid Bucky. He runs toward the elevator and meets everyone there. "Let's get the person begind this", Steve says and looks at Bucky. Bucky nods and steps into the elevator. Everyone follows. Tony was right. There is another button here. Nat pushes the button, and soon everyone is headed underground, ready for anything.

----

It takes a lot of time, but luckily no one comes to check on me. When I have cut enough through the rope, I push my wrist towards me, and the rope breaks. I sigh happily and grab the rope on my other arm. Untying it is not so hard, when you used to tie a lot of things when you were younger. I untie my body from the chair and head for the door. I put my ears towards the door, it is quiet. Then I see the blue cloud again. It is on someone's head. It is a man voice. And it is heading for the door where I am standing. I quickly jump behind a pillar and wait for the door to be open, but the man staps outside the door. I try focusing on his voices. "No talking", it says. "Not thell her that she is in an abandoned warehouse", it continues. Abandoned warehouse?? What? Then the door opens. I hear the man laugh when he sees the chair. "You can hide all you want, but you are not going anywhere", he chuckles creepy. He walks towards where he last saw me tied to the chair. Luckily for me, he forgets to close the door. It is supposed to close automatically, but it is very slow. Still it feels too easy. Why would he do that? Is it a part of his plan?? "Where is she hiding?", his  voice says. It seems like he really doesn't know. I take the cnace and run for the door just as it is about to close. I reach the door, open it in a hurry and start running. I don't know if the man knows I am gone or not, but run for my life.

----

The man smiles for himself. The is all going according to plan. The woman is loose in the building, or that is what she thinks. There is only one way. And it leads to the arena. And the avengers are on their way down the elevator, where there are a thousand guard waiting. Even though they make it past, that hallway only leads to the arena. He smiles for himself as he picks up the broken card and closes the door behind him.

____

Thank you for reading. I hope you don't loose the interest in this story. I know it is going a bit slow, but it is all going to be fixed in the next chapter. Thanks again.

BLOOM WITH GRACE🌸