Chapter Forty One - Welcome Back

I look over at bucky. Why does it feel like he knows her? I enter his mind. "Do you know her?", I ask him. He looks over at me. Still pretty tired. What did she do to him? But he does not say anything. Instead, Kathrine answers me. "You're probably wondering how I know... Your so called soulmate? Let me tell you", shivers go down my body when she speaks. It sounds so real and creepy.

"When Bucky was captured by H.Y.D.R.A long ago, and Brough to one of the many facilities, I was the one to welcome him. He was rather unconscious, but when he woke up, he was the sweetest. I don't know why?", I look over at bucky as she tells me her life story. Bucky is looking down at the ground. Stressed.

"Anyway, so my team and I turned him into The Winter Solider. And sent him on a killing spree. That was so fun", She laughs. "But he would always come back.", she took a dramatic pause. But what does this have anything to do with me? Why is she telling me this. "So, when he didn't, one day. I realized that he didn't love me. It was all a lie. Didn't take much to track down his real soulmate", my breath shudders. She tracked me down? What?

"Oh honey, who do you think made Bucky kill your parents?", that comment makes bucky look up and clench his jaw so hard that it feels like his cheeks can't hold on much longer. "He had no control, I did", I wish Katherine would shut up. She won't stop talking.

"What do we do?", I can hear bucky's thoughts fly everywhere. "I don't know. Try the S.O.S button", he says. He sounds... Scared. Like never before. What kind of monster is she, that can make bucky that scared? I press the comms three times. I don't know if it works, but I hope for the best.

"Alright, enough talk. Let's have some fun", Katherine says. Two people bring in a chair. They have no bubble. Androids. They place the chair in the middle of the room. Bucky immediately tries to get loose. What is wrong? Where did this sudden burst of energy come from? Bucky's chains get dragged towards the chair and him with them. He tries to resit and I try to find a way out of the cage. I know what is wrong. She is going to turn him into The Winter Solider again.

The androids drag bucky up from the floor and into the chair. He tries to reset, but they are too strong and he is too weak. I try everything to get out this cage. No knife, no bullet, no fist. Nothing works. I don't know how to get out. There is nothing. No weakness like last time. My heart beats as fast as bucky's. We're both scared.

The androids chain him to the chair and place a mouthpiece in his mouth. For him to bite in. This will hurt. And I hate seeing him hurt. I shoot every bullet I have at the walls and roof. I even try the floor. Nothing.

She walks over to Bucky. "Don't worry, love", she says and places her hand on his cheek. He almost snarls at her. I have never seen him this scared and angry. She smiles at his reaction and blinks at him. Then she nods to one of the robots. It places two head peaces right next to Bucky. I just watch in pain. There is nothing I can do.

I don't want to enter his mind. I want him to keep his attention on surviving. The electricity pumps through the brain thingy and into bucky's brain. His muscles immediately tighten and he bites tightly. The woman starts speaking.

"Желание", Bucky strains in the chair. But he is stuck and so am I. "Nooooo", I scream. "Bucky, stay with me!". "Ржавый", Kathrine continues. "Семнадцать", I hit the cage with my fists. I do everything I can to get out. Nothing is working. "Рассвет", her voice gets more evil as she says each word. "Печь", Bucky tries to stay strong. I can see him struggling. "Nooooo. Bucky stay here", I scream to him again. "Девять", she doesn't even look at me. She just stares at bjucky as he tries to get loose from the seat. How can she watch him like this? "Добросердечный", I see bucky slowly fading. He has almost given up. No, he can't. I enter his mind. "Don't give up. Stay with me", I cry. He looks over at me as he battles the winter solider. "Возвращение на Родину", the woman keeps talking. "Fight it. Don't go", I continue as I hit the cage with all I have got. "Один", she smiles as she sees Buckys energy fade. "I'm sorry, darling", his voice is also trembling and really sad. "Nooooo, nooo, Bucky stay here", his mind becomes blurry. "Товарный вагон.", the last words leave Katherine's mouth.

His eyes turn dark the second she is done. His mind is gone. It is noting inside his blue bubble except awful thoughts. I immediately exit his mind, terrified. Whst has she done? No, I just got to know him. My bucky is gone. He looks up at Kathrine. "Welcome back", she laughs. The Winter Solider stares at her with lust in his eyes. Lust for killing.

Kathrine nods to the robots. They unlock him from the chair. He stands up slowly, like he has been asleep for a while and needs to stretch. I look at him. Scared. He looks at me for some seconds. With the codes eyes I have ever seen. It seems as if he wants to kill me. Then he turns to Kathrine. "Hi", his voice is darker and more scary. He leans inn and kisses her. I close my eyes. This can not be happening. I hit the cage. "Buckyyyyy!", I scream. He doesn't even notice. Just keeps on kissing her.

The doors open with a thud. Steve runs in. He uses some seconds to understand what has happened and examine the situation. He sees me stuck and throws his shield. Nothing happens. It just bumps back at Steve, who catches it. The he looks over at bucky who is looking at us now. Steve seems sad when he sees Bucky. But he does not say anything. Kathrine snaps her fingers and the robots start walking towards Steve. "Get out of here", I scream to him as the robots come closer. Steve throws his shield again this time at the roof. A piece of the roof falls down and a cage wall falls down.

I run out and help Steve fight the robots. It is much harder than a human, because I can't read their mind. An arm flies through the air and hits me in the face. I stumble backwards. It gets ready to hit me again, but Steve's shield hits it before the hand hits me. "You OK?", Steve asks as he catches his breath. I nod in silence. Then look over at Bucky. He is now surrounded by an army of robots. Where did they come from?

"We have to go", Steve says as the robots walk towards us. "NO!", I say. "We can't leave him", my tone is sad. I am about to cry. Steve starts running away, probably thinking I will join him, but I can't. I can't move. I can't leave him. He would never have left me. I can't. "Nadiya!", I hear Steve scream behind me. The robots are only a few meters away. Every one of them ready to kill me.

Steve pulls my arm and snaps me out of my transe. "We have to go", he says. I look at him. He doesn't want to leave bucky either. I nod sad. Then he pulls me with him out the door. He slams the doors shut and throws his shield at the roof once more. Another big piece of the roof falls down and Steve picks it up. "Come on", He says as the piece drops on the floor infornt of the door. I run with him. I don't think anymore. Just act impulsively. We almost jump down the stairs and run out of the building.

Steve jumps in the car, and so do I. The engine starts and we drive off. I look back at the building and then it hits me. I just left my other half up there. With an evil dead woman. And he is no longer himself, he is a stone cold killer.

____

Thanks for reading. Sorry for making you guys wait so long. I thought about ending the story, but then I got another idea. I hope you keep reading. Just tell me if you want me to end it. Thanks again.

Please leave a comment or a star if you liked the story to let me know. Or for improvement.

Thank you so ooooo much for over 200 reads!

NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES❤️