Chapter Thirty Nine - A Perfect Plan

"I'll meet you later", I kiss bucky good bye. "I'm waiting", he laughs. I laugh and push him jokingly from me. "Hey, lovebirds", I hear Nat say from the end of the hallway. I and Bucky, both turn towards her at the same time.

"She is mine now", Nat says when she is in front of us. She takes my arm and starts dragging me the way she came from. I stretch my arm towards bucky in silence and wave to him. He smiles and waves back.

I turn back to Nat. "You can let me go now", I laugh. She hesitantly looks at me. "I'm not going to run back", I assure her with a sly smile. She chuckles and let's me go. "So, what are we going to do?", I ask her excited. "It is called a surprise for a reason", she shakes her head in disappointment jokingly. "Fine", I sigh and walk beside her.

We take the elevator to the 2nd floor. It is almost never used. What are we going to do here? Nat leads me to a dark room. She pushes me in, walks in and then locks the door. "What are you doing?", I ask. This is strange. What does she want. She doesn't answer.

I can still see her blue bubble in the dark, but I don't want to read her mind and ruin the surprise. Suddenly it feels like I'm all alone and that someone is watching me in the dark. "Hello?", I start to freak out. Nat walks around the room without a sound. "Nat? What are you doing? I'm freaking out", I say stressed. Then the blue bubble stops.

I hear a little "click" from the wall. It sounds like a switch. The room lits open. "Surprise", Nat shouts as the lights turn on. It takes a few seconds for my eyes to get used to the sudden difference. When I look around after a few seconds I can see a big sofa, lots and lots of food and a big TV. "Were binge watching The Hunger Games", Nat says excited and jumps in the sofa.

I look around in awe. It looks amazing and cozy. I jump on the sofa beside Nat, just as excited. "I figured you haven't had much time to relax, and this is a Must-See... Sooo? What do you think?". Nat's smile covers almost her whole face. I laugh. "What do I think?", I ask myself loudly. Then I look at Nat and smile. "Thank you", I say. She smiles. "No problem, you always take such good care of me that you forget to care for yourself", she replies.

Nat opens a huge blanket and covers us in it. She grabs a bowl of popcorn from the table full of food. I grab the remote on the table and start the movie.

----

The plan is in motion. He is all alone in his room. This is the perfect way to take down Nadiya. Use one of the people closest to her. He opens his laptop and plugs in his earphones just like usual. Katherine knows he does this when he is alone. She watches as his eyes slowly close.

Kathrine reaches for the red button on her desk and pushes it. She watches her actions scilently on the screen on her desk. The robot enters James's room through the window. It cuts the glass in a perfect circle and enters. James is asleep at his couch.

----

The movies are fun to watch and I have a great time. I didn't understand much. It was a girl, she was good at shoot g with bow and arrow. Some thing about her city and some simulations. The food on the table is almost done. Just a few cinnamon rolls and shawarma bites left.

"Oh, that was fun", I say to Nat when the screen has turned black and we are about to clean the table. "I know right, we should do this more often. You know, us girls", she bumps into me on purpose and laughs. "Yeah", I laugh with her.

We stable every plate and bowl over each other and take everything in one go. We take the elevator with our hands full up to the kitchen. Some agents come in at the 15th floor and ask if we need help. We both kindly refused.

The last sunlight is about to dissappear and the sky is almost black. The last sun light gives the sky a pink-red colour. It is beautiful. I am going to take Bucky out to see this if I hurry.

We take everything to the kitchen and stuff it in the washing mashine. Nat looks tired, I can tell by the way she is silent most of the way. "You should get some rest", I say to her. She looks at me, but doesn't say anything. "I didn't read your mind, I just know you", I tell her. She smiles and nodds. "It's been a long day.", she replies and yawns. "Good night, and thank you", I say once more as I hug her. "Will you walk with me?", she asks nicely.

I feel bad. "Sorry, but I want to catch the last part of the sunset with Bucky", I say. She smiles as I mention Bucky. "Well, don't stay up too late", she winks to me. I smirk in response.

We take the elevator together and I walk off on Bucky's floor. It is all empty and the automatic lights turn on as the elevator doors open. No agent here. Almost everyone has gone home.

I walk fast, it seems unsafe when no one is around. I take a right and stop outside Bucky's room. I take a deep breath. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach. They appear every time I am about to see him. My love.

I put my hand at the detector. Bucky put mh hand in the system in the morning. The detector reads my hand with a blue laser and then lights green. The door slides open.

I enter in the darkness. He is probably asleep. That is the only type of relaxation Bucky knows. Then I gasp.

There is a huge hole in his window. It is perfectly cut and the cut out piece is placed outside on his balcony. What is going on. I run towards the sofa where Bucly usually lies. No one. It's empty.

A human silhouette moves in the corner of my eye and I immediately turn towards it. I put my hands in front of me, getting ready to fight whoever that is. But the silhouette does not fight me, instead it runs towards the hole in the window and jumps off Bucky's balcony.

I run after and look down where the human just jumped. Nothing. There is at least 40 stories down. How did someone jump down and dissappear?

I don't think much of it. My biggest concern is Bucky. I run in again. "Bucky", I scream inside his dorm. No answer. I look around the apartment. The bathroom is empty. His bedroom is untouched and he is not in the kitchen. Where is he? Who was that person? What just happened?

I go and sit on the sofa in shock. I think back a few minutes. Something isn't right. My eyes widen when I understand. There was no blue bubble around the person's head. How is that even possible?

I'm about to call Nat when I notice something on the couch. In the darkness there is something white on the couch. A piece of paper.

"Remember me? The woman who kidnapped you? Well, guess what? Bucky is mine now".

The text is all black and gives me creeps. I call out his name once more, hoping this isn't true. "Bucky", I whisper.

No response.

----

He is on his way right now. Sedated and heavily asleep. Katherine is quite satisfied. Humans can't do the job properly anyway. At leat her new creation can. The little note has been read by Nadiya. She seems shocked, from her expression. This time, no one can ruin her plan.

____

Thank you for reading. And for waiting. I hope you like the story, since you are reading it. Please comment or like to tell me whst you like or what can be improved.

ALL WE HAVE IS NOW❤️