Chapter Thirty Five - A Romantic Idea

It was Nat's idea. She came running into my room in the morning. "wake up, wake up", she shake me awake. I got worried. Had something awful happened? "What is it", I said, afraid something had happened to Bucky. "What if you have a ball", she said.

I burst into laughter. "A ball. What, like you see in movies. With big dresses and sweet buffets", I continued laughing. "I don't even know enough people", I say when I'm done.

Nat just sat on my bed scilently, as I laughed at her idea. I feel bad now. She told me to trust her. And then she told me her idea once again. In a little bit more detail this time.

"All the avengers except you and Bucky will go on a mission today. We're going to take down some hydra base or something. But we will return tomorrow, so you have to do it today." "Do what today?", I interrupted her. "Ask him on a date, in the tower. You're the only ones here. You and him in a ball. All alone. With all the privacy you need.", she smirked as she said the last part. I rolled my eyes.

The idea wasn't all bad though. After Nat left from my dorm all excited, I called someone I knew could help me and who I and Bucky both trust.

I waved the rest of the team off with Bucky on the roof of the avengers tower. Nat looked at me and smiled one last time before they flew.

Bucky looked at me. Smiled a little, but I could see the sadness hiding behind. I wanted to take back everything I said to him kn the bedroom before we left.

He walked pass me and I could smell him once again. The same soothing smell of bucky. I looked after him as he went in, when my phone rang. My help had arrived.

I squeeqed in excitement as I took the elevator to the first floor and welcomed him. "Oh, Nicole. It is so good to see you.", I hugged him. "Likewise", his wrinkly face spoke. He followed he up to my room, and I made sure Bucky didn't see him. That isn't so hard scince I and Bucky live on different floors.

Once inside my dorm, I told Nicole everything. How we ended things, how I wish it was different, and how I was going to make it different. He listened scilently and nodded. I told him about Nat's idea.

When I was done, he told me not to worry. I smiled relieved. "I'll go get things ready.", he said and headed for the door. "And Nicole", he stopped and looked at me. "Bucky doesn't know", I finished. He smiled and nodded. "Got it", He whispered.

So, now I am standing in front of a big mirror. Half an hour before I and Bucky are supposed to meet. I sigh as I brush my dress with my hands. It is the same red dress that Bucky said would look good on me. I had Nicole bring it in all secrecy.

(the dress)

I put on a necklace and my diamond earrings

I put on a necklace and my diamond earrings. My hair is all set and so is my makeup. I have to say, I have never looked this good. Then again, I have never had anyone to look this good for. I smile to myself.

Someone knocks in the door. "Come in", I say from my bedroom. "It's all set", Nicole comes in. "And so are you", he laughs. I laugh with him. When we are done laughing, I sigh. A bad thought hits my head.

"What if he doesn't even show?", I sit down on my bed. "What if he doesn't want to see me?", I look at the roof as I try to stop my eyes from glossing.

"Hey, it's OK", Nicole sits down beside me. "How can you be so sure?", I ask him. "Because I saw his, face when he got your invitation.", Nicole looks at me. "He will show. I'm sure".

The half hour flies by when I worry about if bucky shows or not. I look at myself in the mirror again before heading yo the elevator.

I can smell his scent the moment I step into the elevator. I press the button. The "ball" is on the 92nd floor. My heartbeat rises and it feels like all the butterflies will tear apart my stomach. My breath starts trembling as I walk down the corridor to the hall. I have no idea how it looks, because Nicole told me not to look and to get ready in my room.

As I open the door, I see him. He came. All the butterflies leave my stomach, and I feel a boost of happiness and love. Oh my god, what am I doing? He turns around when he hears the door open.

My heart drops at the sight of him. He is wearing a black suit with a tie that matches my dress. His hair is shord and he is clean shaved. He looks so handsome that I want to look at him forever.

(Bucky's clothes)

He has a bouquet of white and red flowers in his hand and some are attached to his suit too

(the flowers)

"Wow", he says as he turns around

"Wow", he says as he turns around. A small giggle leaves my mouth. We walk towards each other as we both admire each other. "You look really handsome", I say once I am close enough to talk normally. He laughs. The laugh is so soft and it leaves me at ease. He isn't mad at me.

"These are for you, Love", Bucky says. He hands me the flowers, and I immediately feel the warmth in my cheeks. He knows I love it when he calls me love. I look away because of shyness. "Thank you", I say and place the flowers in the vase on our dinner table.

I can feel his glare on me all the way to the table and back. He admires me scilently. I can't look at him all the way. He is just... To handsome? Or I'm to shy. I don't know.

"Don't be shy", he says as I stand in front of him again. He takes his hand on my chin and makes me look up. His touch is gentle and his hand is warm. My head follows his command and I look up. It feels like our eyes meet for the first time.

____

I know that the chapter is short. It's just my hand gets tired easily, plus I'm on vacation, so I'm enjoying it. It is probably a little too late, but Merry Christmas. (to the ones celebrating).

Thanks for reading. And thank you for so many reads. I hope you continue reading, and maybe leave a comment too, so that I know the improvements I need to make. Thanks once again.

OLD WAYS DON'T OPEN NEW DOORS❤️