Chapter Twenty Five - A Heart Doesn't Lie

"You leave 6AM sharp, so go get some rest". Those were Fury's last words before he dismissed the meeting. I went to my dorm with all the information in my mind. The bed seemed hard when I laid down, trying to get some rest. It didn't work. I was up all night. Thinking about everything. About Steve, and how he took the new mission. I could see his face during the meeting, it wasn't so satisfyied. I don't think he liked the idea of me and Bucky going on a mission. I didn't have the guts to look at Bucky, so I didn't see his reaction. Then I thought about mom and dad. How did they meet? Time goes quickly when your thoughts are in the cloud. Then the alarm started beeping. I hadn't even slapt for a moment. I shut the alarm, and started packing. It was still two hours before 6AM, bu I'm a girl. We need time.

"Ready? ", Tony is standing by the jet as I get out on the roof. "What are you doing here?" I ask him out of curiosity. "It's only 5:30AM". He chuckles and then smiles at me. "I'm here to give you your suit", he states. "Oh", I say as he hands it over to me. I immediately get exited and drop my bag in the jet to try out the suit. I run inside and find the nearest toilet so I can change. "iii", I squeeked when I see myself in the bathroom mirror. It fitted perfectly. There were a lot of pockets. Some had knives, others smoke bombs and flares and some were pockets for guns. Almost every pocket was filled. Except the gun-pockets. I fold the other clothes and walk back proudly to Tony. As I open the door to the roof again, I see him. Bucky. He is standing in the jet and talking to two agents in black clothes. He immediately turns when I open the door. I can't look at him right now. I will have plenty of time with him anyway. I look towarst Tony as I feel his eyes glued to me. "Wow", Tony says and pats his own shoulder. "Good job Tony. You have really outdone yourself", He laughs. I laugh and puch his shoulder playfully. When we are done laughing, it gets silent. "Thank you", I say to Tony. He smiles slightly and gives me a nod.

I look over to the jet. Bucky is talking with the agents, but I can feel that he is keeping an eye on me too. I sigh at the thought of our four hour long travel in the same jet. "It's gonna be alright", Tony says. I jump when I hear his voice. I totally forgot that he was standing right beside me. I quickly straighten up, but I can see him trying hard not to laugh. "Ready for takeoff", an agent says from the jet. I give the agent a nod to tell him I understand. "Bye, Tony. Wish me luck", I say as I hug him. As I am about to enter the jet I hear a voice shouting at me. "NADYA!", I hear. I turn around just to be wrapped in Nat's arms. She hugs me as if it is our last goodbye. She is literally choking me. I wrap my arms around her and  let her hugg it out. As I hug her, I see Steve walking over to Bucky to tell him Bye. My breath shudders as I see Steve. I haven't talked to him in almost a week. It feels so weird. We used to be sooo close and now I can't bring myself to even say hi to him. Nat slowly let's go of me. I smile as I try to breathe. She chuckles softly and smiles at me. I smile back. "Thanks for coming and saying bye. I didn't know it, but I needed it", I say honestly to her. She smiles and nods understandably. "I know sis", she says. I smile at the last part of her sentence. "You two going to be OK?", she asks as she nods towards Bucky and Steve talking. "Yeah Yeah", I say as I let out a deep breath. She doesn't look convinced, but she let's it go. I keep on looking at the boys. I miss Steve. I miss his body next to mine, cuddling while we watched a movie. I miss burying my face in his chest when I got too scared. I miss waking up next to his beautiful face. What is wrong with me? Why did I have l to leave him? He was the best!

I see Steve walking over to us from the corner of my eye. "I think I'll go", Nat says just loud enough for me to her it. "No, no", I whisper to her. "Stay. I can't do this", I whisper worried. "You can do this", Nat playfully cheers me, before walking towards and past Steve. They exchanged a quick nod. I swollow the lump in my throat. "Hey", Steve says. I can't speek. The words don't want to come out. What am I supposed to? "Heeloooo", Steve says again with a funny tone. It makes me smile, but the smile slowly fades away. Then I take the courage. I tell him everything.

"Steve", I sigh and look him straight in the eyes. "I'm really sorry. I do love you. My heart is just wrong. Or maybe it is Bucky eyes. I don't know", I sigh again. Thinking about how to tell him the next part. "I... I want -", I don't get to finish my sentence. Steve just hugs me, and cuts me off. I take in Steve's scent and embrace him. We hug tightly for a second, which I don't want to end. "A heart doesn't lie", Steve whispers in my ear. His voice is sad and husky. His comment makes my eyes glossy. Why does it have to me like this? He breaks our contact and pulls away. I immediately feel the need of him being back in my arms and I being back in his. Why is this so hard? "Bye Nadya", Steve says silently. "Bye", I almost whisper to him. He turns around and walks inside the building. I see the back of his body walk slowly and hesitantly. It's like he doesn't want to leave me. And I don't want to leave him. "We have to go now!", the agent has to scream because the jet's motors are started. I get sucked out of my trance and I turn towards the jet. I take a deeb breath before stepping onto the plane and in where we were supposed to sit. Bucky was already at his place, he wasn't strapped in. I take my place and strap myself. "Takeoff in 10 seconds", the pilot informs us. I don't respond. Just look out the window on my left. I hear the motors power increase as the plane shakes slightly. Only some seconds later, we are off the ground and on our way to my first mission.

----

"The plane has taken off", the phone on her desk informs her. Katherine doesn't answer the man on her phone. She just hangs up and throws another blade at the blink. It cuts through the last one, shattering it in million pieces. "That is what I'll do with that girl", Katherine tells herself. She looks at the many peaces on the floor and smiles evilly.

____

Thanks for reading. I really really appreciate you using you time to read this. I hope you like it and that you will tell me what you don't like so I can change and improve it. Thanks again.

LIFE IS A PRECIOUS GIFT❤️