Chapter Fourteen - Interview

I can hear the birds chirping. I have been laying awake in this bed for the last three hours. The bed is just too good. I can't make myself leave it. Its just soooo soft. It's like laying on a cloud. I have to wake up. The interview is in an hour. I force myself up from the bed and into the bathroom. I take a quick shower to wash off the negative emotions from yesterday. As I am getting ready a notification pops up on my phone. I put on my pants and go to check it out. "1 days left", it says. Oh, shoot. I had totally forgotten about that. I only have two days to choose my souly. I don't even know any of them. Well, good thing I'll have the rest of the day after the interview. I finish getting ready, take on my shoes, grab my book and a doughnut from the kitchen. I have actually not have any time to by grocery, so that was all I could eat. I look at the clock one last time before walking out of the door. 10:52, still 8 minutes. I walk towards the elevator. Nat said the interview would happen in a room on the 34th floor. I take the elevator down to the 34th floor and find the room given to me for my interview. I open the door. The room is king of normal size. There is a table on the floor, and two chairs, one on each side. I take my place behind the table. I am sitting with the window to my back and the clock on my front. I look at the watch on my phone as I get everything ready. One minute left.

Just as the clock turns 11, a man opens the door. He is wearing a black shirt and black pants. I can see his shirt glow. I read everything about him on the Internet yesterday. Just to be prepared. I recognise the man as Tony Stark. I immediately stand up. "Hi", I say. He looks at me, a bit too long, then he smiles. "You must be Nadya", he says with a happy tone. "I'm sorry we couldn't talk yesterday, had a bad day", he explains. "That's alright", I say. "Everyone has bad days, trust me", I look at him and I can see that he knows what I mean. "So, how is it actually going?" he asks while he takes his seat in front of me. I look at him as I sign that I don't understand his question. I am here to interview him. "I mean with all the colour stuff", he explains. "Oh", I say. "Well, I don't know actually, I haven't gotten any time to get to know them yet", I tell him. He looks at me then down at my book and phone on the table. "Shall we", he asts politely. I nod and start to record on my phone. I open my book and start the interview.

The interview goes smoothly and it's actually fun. We talk like normal people and I get all the answers I need to write the perfect article about a Avengers life. He tells me that he met his souly when she was looking for a job. She worked as his assistant for a long time. Even though they knew that they were soulys, they didn't take a step before not so long ago. Now they are living a good life. Pepper, which is her name, is working her way up in his company, Stark Industries. They seem like a nice couple. Later on he tells me about S.H.E.I.L.D, or at least all he can tell me about. Then he tells me about how they get called to meetings and get new missions. It sounds kind of interesting, but also very exhausting. It was his thoughts that worried me. I didn't know how to control my "power", or whatever you want to call it, so sometimes I would catch frases like "Stranger", "Trust" and "Soulmate" in Tony's innervoice. Didn't he trust me? Was I an stranger to him? Well, I don't know him exactly.

"Thank you for the interview", I say to Tony as he gets ready to leave. The interview is over and I smile proudly down at my notes. "See you tonight", Tony says before leaving the door, closing the door behind him. Tonight? What happens tonight". Wondering if I would ever know what was hepening tonight I pack my things and leave the room. As I am walking back to my apartment, someone shouts at me. "Nadya", the sound belongs to Nat. "Wait up", she says as she catches up to me. "What's up", I say when she finally walks beside me. "There is this party tonight", she tells me. "Every agent and avenger an litterly everyone in this building will be there. You're coming right? ", she asks me. "Ehm", I say. "C'mon, it'll be fun", she says. "Fine, but I don't have anything to wear", I say scared that she will loan me one of hers. She is so good looking and thin that I would look fat in her dresses. To my surprise, she almost screams instead: "Let's go shopping!!!!!"

The shopping was fun. I felt like we were sisters having a regular weekend of. We shopped all kinds of stuff you could need for a party. We shopped jewellery, dresses and shoes. We shopped one dress that looked like a 80s wedding dress. It was beautiful, but not my style. I still bought it though, since Nat wouldn't leave the store if I didn't buy it. So, after 20 minutes of "arguing", I bought it. And we also bought some nice sandals and heel shoes. They were all beautiful. Every now and then I would get the feeling that someone was watching us, me and Nat, but I would just shake the feeling off. Nothing can tuch me while Nat is around anyway.

----

The man knew about the party and assumed the girl he was supposed to kidnap was invited too. With so many people it was extra easy to blend in. He had already put a tracker on the girl and on Natalia Romanoff, so that he knew where they were when the party started. The plan was simple, kidnap the girl when she is alone at the party. Now all the man could do was wait. He made himself another cup of coffie in his van and waited.

____

Sorry it took so long. I'm so sorry. Thank you for reading anyway, and sorry again. Hit that like button, or share with friends. Thanks.

ONE MAN'S TRASH, IS ANOTHER MAN'S TRESURE❤️