Chapter Four - Hugo Boss

After packing my bag with clothes, necessary things and other stuff I probably didn't need, I sat down at the sofa. I had been packing with Becca for the last couple hours. I take a look at the clock. 3 and a half hour exactly. "Sure you don't need a dress?", I hear her scream from my room. I sigh and shake my head. Becca had always had a taste for fashion, and she took it with her wherever she went. She had the most colorful dresses and richest brands. I on the other hand, bough only what I needed. Baggy, but comfortable clothes. And some dresses. "No, Becca, I don't need a dress. I am going go an interwiew, not a party". I gets silent for a second. Becca is thinking very hard, I can feel it. "What if the interwiew is on a party?". I laugh. How did she always convince me to wear such uncomfortable clothes? "Fine", I say. "Put it in the bag". I can hear her squeek out of excitement and happiness. I smile to myself. Without Becca, I would not have been able to find my passion: journalism.

Beep beep beep, its the alarm again. Its time for me to go. I open my eyes and state at the roof. It is stained and dirty, but I don't care. I can hear Becca snore in the living room. She insisted on sleeping on the sofa, so I let her. She sleeps like a rock, so alarms don't wake her. I put my feet on the cold ground and walk towards the toilet. It is silent. Peaceful. I put my hair up in a messy bun and get done in the toilet. I find the clothes that Becca took out for me. That is another reason she was packing with me, she can see colors. After putting on the clothes, I wake Becca. "Hey, it time to wake up", I say softly. She moans before flipping side on the sofa. Now her head is facing the area where you put your back. With the pillows. "Becca", I say a bit louder. "What?", I hear her say in the middle of moaning. "You have to wake up, we are leaving in 30 minutes", I tell her. "Are you ready?" She asks. "Yes, I'm 'bout make breakfast", I answer. "Are you wearing makeup?". What, makeup. I laugh and shake my head. Even when she was half sleeping, she could not care more about others presence. I walk over to my room and grab the makupbag as I hear her trying to wake up. "What is the time", I hear from the bathroom. I check the clock on my phone before answering her. "It's 01:36". I sigh before starting to put my simple makeup on. I don't like it. The makeup is only like a cover. You don't know the inside. I finish my makeup and get to the kitchen. To my big surprise, Becca is there. Ready, with clothes, makeup and everything on. How did she do that so fast? She smiles at me as I walk in. I just look at how fast she works her way around the kitchen. "What'cha makin'?", I say. "Bacon, waffles and bread", she answers as a pair of bread is done. My toaster is a bit old, so it makes my bread fly a bit. I think that the bread is going to hit the ground, but Becca catches them in a plate perfectly. "Wow", I say. I had totally forgotten that Becca is a good chef too. I admire her as the doorbell rings. I walk to the door wondering who is ringing my bell at 01 in the night. I open up, and there he is. My group leader. The one with the glowing eyes. Jacob.

"Hi", he says. I just keep staring. What is he doing here? "Wha... What... What are you doing here?" I stutter. He smiles at me getting nervous. This isn't funny. "I thought I might drop my co-worker at the airport", he says proudly. In the middle of the night?!?. He sniffs in the smell of Becca's breakfast. "What an amazing smell", he says. I sniff in the air, but all I smell is his perfume. His Hugo Boss perfume. "My friend, Rebecca is making breakfast", I say. He nods slightly, then he looks at me. I keep on looking him in the eyes. Why can't we be soulmates? His eyes are glowing. "Who the h*ll is at the door in the middle of the night". It's Becca's voice screaming all over the apartment. We both chuckle and smile. Then Becca walks in. "Oh, hi", she says with a lovely voice. "Why are you standing outside the door, come in", she says. Jacob looks at me, but doesn't say anything. I back up and he comes in. "You must be Jacob, I have heard a lot about you", she continues. I blush as Jacob looks over at me. "Hi, I'm Rebecca", she hands him her hand and he takes it. "I guess your here to drop us of at the airport?", she asks nicely. He nods, but then looks at both of us. "Is she coming with you", he says pointing at Becca. "Oh no... No, I'm just gonna drop her off to, you know... At the gate", she explaines. I can't say anything. I just look at Jacob, who keeps looking at Becca. Why is it that she always gets the boys? "Well, then I should tell Ben to be at home", she says before walking back to the kitchen looking for her phone. "Who's Ben", he asks. His voice is a bit scared. But it's mostly relaxing. "Her soulmate", I say a bit softly. "Oh", you could see that he was a bit disappointed. "Have you had breakfast?" I ask him. He shakes his head and together we walk in the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"Bye, safe travels", she screams as I'm about to enter the security area. She insisted on following me so far, and so did Jacob. I look at her. Is that a tear? I let go of my luggage and run to her one last time. As we give each other out last goodbye-hug she says "I'm going to miss you". "Me too" I answer. "But it's only a week, it will be fine", I say as we let go. "Don't do anything stupid, not without me", she says. We both chuckle. I look over at Jacob who has been watching us the whole time. "Bye, Nadia", he says. Before I get the chance to say anything, he wraps his arm around me. Not to hard, and not to loose. Just a perfect hug. I can see Becca raise and lower her eyebrows. Then she mimics "Good work", and shows me a thumbs up. When we let go, she quickly hides the hand and acts like everything is normal. "Good bye", I say to Jacob, smelling his cent one last time before taking off to USA. I go back to my luggage, check it in and go through security. I enter my gate just as it is about to open. I take one last look at them both, before I enter. I exhale deeply. Here we go.

____

"Everything is going according to plan, boss", he says with his eyes glued on the reporter entering the airplane to USA. "Good", the voice on the other side scares the man. "Follow her on a good distance", the boss commands. "Yes, boss" the man says. The call is ended.

----------------

Hi. I hoped you liked the chapter. I am still not sure if this is the right way to do it. My chapters are getting longer though.... A bit. Leave a comment on what you think will happen next, maybe it will! See you next time.

Time is everything we have, and don't.⌚
(Don't waste it, 'cause it ain't comin' back)