Chapter Twenty one - Birthday Party

It had gone about five months since I chose Steve. Those were the most busy months of my life. I started training with Nat, making my own suit with Tony and making out with Steve. It was so much fun. I had also finally met Thor, the god of thunder. He was charming, but Steve was more. I did not actually see Bucky most of the time. I only saw him when there was a team-meeting. He seemed sad, but he hid it under a smile. Since I could read his mind, I sometimes felt bad for him, but then I remembered that he killed my parents. How can someone forgive for that? I had learned self-defence, but there was no one who could train my mind-powers, so that I had to do on my own. The progress was slow, but now I knew how to shut others thoughts out, and let others in. I could focus on just one mind, instead of every mind. I would call that progress. The highlight of the week was when Steve would come over, or I would go over to him. He was just so lovely. Sure he was often busy, but when he wasn't, he was with me. We would cuddle and kiss. It was the cutest ting that ever happened to me. Who would think finding your souly would be so romantic?

"We still on for tonight?", It is Nat's voice. I get back to reality and see that I am walking towards my dorm with Nat. "Huh?", I say. She knows that I didn't pay attention. "The Partyyyy?", she said. "Oh", now I remember what she is talking about. "All I need is the last balloons", I say. "I'll bring them over as soon as I can", Nat says before we seperate. She lives in the end of the West hallway, while I live in the North. I quickly walk towards my dorm thinking about what is going to happen. I am having a huge birthday party for Steve. He is... I don't know how many years, but it doesn't matter. I had Bruce and Bucky help me clean and ready my whole dorm. I walk in the door, and smell cookies. It seems Bucky can bake pretty good. "Hey Boys", I say walking in. "Hey", I hear from he kitchen. I walk in my kitchen and see bucky in apren and cooking gloves. "The cookies are done soon", he says and smiles at me. I smile back, and I feel like we have a moment. NO! I cant have a moment with Bucky, I'm with Steve!! I break our eyecontact and look at Bruce. "It looks amazing! Thanks" I say. "No problem", he says and walks out to the living room. Bucky is facing the oven, but I can feel that he is keeping an eye on me. I keep looking at his back. The black shirt makes it hard, but I can see his muscles under. I sigh and take the initiative. "Let's just talk", I say. Bucky turns around looking right in my eyes. "What", he says. "You know what. US", I say a bit afraid for his reaction. He stays calm, but I can see the sadness in his eyes. "Please don't read my mind", he says after a long break. I just keep staring in his eyes and shake my head. "Are we good?", I ask. Actually I don't want to hear the answer. "Yeah Yeah", he say with a heavy breath. He looks down at his shoes. He is lying. "I'm really sorry Bucky" I say before walking out to Bruce.

Everything looks perfect, everyone is here and everything is ready. All that is left is Steve. I have put every gift under the table and every cake and snack over. The theme is blue and red... Obviously. I smile at every guest coming, and then is see him. At the end of the hallway ad I stand in the closed door waiting for him. He smiles the second he sees me. "Hey", he says giving me a kiss. "Hey", I say. I am about to open the door, but then I see the necklace in my hand. Oh my god. I have been holding that forever. If I don't wear that now, I'm gonna forget it. "Steve", I say looking at him with my puppy eyes. "Yes?", He says sceptical. "Do you mind?", I say showing him the necklace in my hand. He sighs and chuckles. "Sure", he says and grabs the necklace. As he removes my hair from my neck, I get goosebumps. He gently places the necklace on my chest and brings the clips to the back. I can feel his breath, and I dont know why, but I find this moment kind of romantic. I know everyone is waiting inside, so the moment he is done I tell him to close his eyes. "Why", he asks. "Just do it", I say and laugh. He closes his eyes and I poend the door and push him in. Everyone is standing still and not one noice is made. "You can open now", I say when he is right above the X on the floor. The moment he opens, everyone shouts "Surprise!!". At first Steve gets a bit scared, scince this is not what he was expecting. Then he smiles and laughs. "What is this?", he asks me. "YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY!", I scream between Ann the applause and cheering.

----

The boss was not happy with the avengers out smarting her, but soon she had a better idea. One they cloud not escape. One that was their destiny. One they could not outsmart. Once the power go back on, and the avengers were gone, she started the new plan. Nothing could stop her now! She called inn all the agents, including the one that kidnapped the one with the decision.

____

Thank you so much for reading. I know it's been a long time. I had a lot of school, but I am trying my best to keep this story going. Please leave a comment to help me get a better story, or maybe just why you like the story. Thanks again.

REMEMBER BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS❤️