Chapter Thirty Eight - A New And Old Feeling

"When did the colours appear?", I ask Nat after I'm done tellng her about my night. "Last night. Around...", she looks at the clock and thinks. "Eight or nine at night. I had just patched up after the fight we had and Steve was done showering. He came in to check on me. Then something felt different.", I listen quietly. I already know why she saw colours when she did.

"He just asked me how I was, I told him I was fine, and then... When I looked at him... The colours were there.", she seems a little shocked. I understand. "It is wierd to suddenly see colours. Trust me.", I try to calm her down before explaining to her.

"Nat. Last night... Ehm", I take a deep breath and she looks at me. "When Bucky... Brought me to his room", I can feel the heat in my body just as I think about it. "Ehm...It was a moment that made me realize that I really love Bucky and he is the one for me", I think back.

Bucky was on top of me, kissing his way down and then waiting for me to allow him. That was the moment I realized. When I nodded yes to him.

"Sooooo, you are telling me that you still had feeling for both before that?", Nat asks weirdly. I look at the roof and smile. "Maybe". She shakes her head in disappointment. Then we both laugh.

When the laughter has calmed down, I tell Nat: "You have to tell Steve though. Please.". I almost beg her. She thinks about it for a while. "Fine, ill do it, but you have to come with me", she answers.

"Seriously?", I say. "Come on. You don't want me to go with you to tell my ex that you love him?", I roll my eyes. "Yes", she says determined. I don't even try to argue with her. I know that I have lost already. I sigh.

"Fine, but let's go now. Let's get this over with", I stand up and drag her with me. We leave my dorm with the omelette plate in Nat's hands. It is our excuse to go to the kitchen. If Steve still is in the kitchen though.

We walk in silence. I look over at Nat. She looks stressed. I have never seen her so stressed. I take her hand and squeeze it as we enter the kitchen. Steve is still sitting at the dining table. Just like he did when I left.

He is looking out the window in silence. Bucky is gone and so is the omelette on his plate and the milk in his glass. "Hey", Nat says as we enter. She tries to act as normal as she can. He turns around.

"Hey", he smiles to Nat. She places the plate in the dishwasher and walks over. I stand on the side. Just observing. Steve smiles to Nat. He knows she has something to say.

Nat doesn't say anything. Just stares into Steve's eyes. Like I used to do. And he would smile to me like the way he is smiling to Nat right now. "What?", he laughs when Nat has stared to long.

She takes a deep breath. I have never seen her so tense. "I...", she stops herself. "I... I can see colours. And you are my soulmate", she blurts out. She can't even look at Steve. He seems shocked. But not before he looks over at me. I don't say anything. I don't show any emotion.

"Steve", Nat looks up at Steve again. He hasn't said anything in two minutes. His eyes have been glued on me. "Say something", her voice is shaking. Is she afraid?

Steve stands up, pushing the chair backwards as he does so. Nat does the same. It seems like a reaction. She looks at him and he looks at Nat. It is like Thay are both dreaming. Steve walks slowly. Over to Nat, puts his hand on her cheek and kisses her softly.

Just like he used to kiss me. Just like his hand used to be on my face. Just like his lips would touch mine. I get a wierd feeling. It's like jealousy, but in a wierd way. I know that I love Bucky. So why am I feeling this?

They pull away after a loooong time. I have already looked at everything in the room except them. Now it is just wierd for me to stand there. "I'll let you two talk", I say and turn around. Nat doesn't say anything. She is probably too busy kissing Steve or something.