Chapter Twenty Six - Newly Weds

We have been flying for almost an hour. I am bored. All I can see outside is white clouds. They look like a huge, silky and soft bed. Sometimes it also reminds me of snow. White and simple. My ears are bored of listening to music from my earplugs. I take them out and hear the sound of the motor. The sound is very low, but I can still hear it. I look over at Bucky, who is sitting opposite of me. We still haven't talked. K haven't even looked at him. Sometimes I think about reading his mind. It is tempting to just look inside the light blue "bubble" flying outside his head. I take a look at the time one more time. Still almost three hours. As I am about to put my earplugs in again of boredom, an agent comes in from the cockpit. He clears his throat to get my and bucky's attention. I look up at the man in black suit and sunglasses standing in the hallway. I can see bucky in the corner of my eye but I don't turn. I can't look at him right now. It is just too awkward. "OK", the agent says and takes a deep breath. It seems like he has a lot to say. Before saying anything else, he takes out a remote from his black suit-jacket and presses a button. A screen slides down from the roof. It is placed so that I and Bucky can see it. The man clears his throat again. He is clearly nervous. He looks over at me and I give him a smile. I don't know why I do it, but it seems to help calming him down. "Agent Barnes", the agents slender voice says. "You will be Mr. Nathaniel Wallace and you...", he turns to me. "You will be his wife Mrs. Alya Wallace". The agent talks like it is normal to tell these things. WIFE?!?!

I'm supposed to be Bucky wife?! "You are a newly wed couple looking for a new start. You bought this house a few day ago, and now you are moving in.", as the agent mentions the house, a picture pops up on the screen. It is a biiiiiig house. A white villa. It looks very expensive. "We have already packed and sent your "stuff" to the house. You will decorate the house yourself as a part of the cover". The man seems more and more relaxed as he speaks." Agent Barnes, you are a working constructor almost right outside you house, so you can keep an eye on the house. Agent Guseva... ", he turns back to me. "You will be working at a cafeteria nearby to keep an eye on the roads and neighborhood. Try get information out of the people.", I nod as I get the orders, but then I raise my hand. The man stops talking as he sees my raised hand and furrows his eyebrows. "Yes", his voice states. "What is the mission?" I ask him. He is probably going to get to it, but the way he says "The house", it feels like we should know. "Director Fury told you yesterday", he replies. I immediately look down on the floor, and I can feel my cheeks turning red. I didn't pay attention yesterday. There was too much on my mind. Steve, bucky and this mission had my mind occupied, I didn't pay attention.

It seems as if the agents can read my thoughts, because he inhales and gives a breef summery of the meeting yesterday. "You will be going as a pair to keep an eye on the house right in front of you over the street", I push all my thoughts aside and really focus on the man's words. "We believe that one of our agents are captured there, and you are going in to confirm or deny this theory.", I nod to the man. He continues. "We sent the man undercover a few months ago, and he has stopped reporting in a few days.", the man presses another button on his little black remote. A picture of a man pops up on the screen. He has brown eyes, black hair and a thin beard. He looks a little over 35. Not gonna lie, he is a little bit handsome. "This is 38 year old Gérard Riddell", The agent explains the picture. I can see bucky paying attention to the agent too. Maybe he didn't pay attention either. "There is a booklet under your seats that goes deeper and explains your rules further. Thank you", the man turns around and goes back where he came from. He leaves us with silence. I reach my hand under the seat and feel some papers. I pull it out. It is a big booklet, must be thousand of papers. I open the booklet on a random page. How to get the information you want casuall is the title. I start reading. The paper tells that you should lead the conversation, not imply that you are after info and a lot of other points. After a while of reading, I get bored. There are still two hours until we arrive so I turn to Bucky. This is the first time I have seen him clearly after "our night". When he came into my dorm, it was dark and I could barely see him. I glanced at him. His blue eyes were glues to his booklet, which by the way was a lot smaller than mine. He looked exhausted. Did he sleep last night? His hair, which was shoulder length, was up in a bun. It looked like he hadn't showered in a while either. Or maybe his shampoo just was bad? Is I look at him, the blue cloud around his head tempts me more and more. Then I finally do it. I get inside his head, "literally". As I get inside, he stops reading and turns to me. He looks me dead in the eyes. "Get out of my head", he says with a hoarse voice. It dosent sound angry. Just innocent. I immediately pull out, only managing to capture a little of his thoughts. "Hell of a mission", his inner voice sounds a bit angry. He looks at me until I get out of his head and the blue bubble reappears around his head. He turns back to his reading as I sit in shock of what just happened.

----

A man came into the dark room. Shivers went down his back as he felt the cold breeze of the window opened in the corner. He watched the chair turn in front of him on the "stage". He looked at his boss walking down a few steps before reaching his level. She liked to sit a bit higher than everyone else. The man looked around the room in fear as the woman approached him. There is a blink hanging on his right. It has a sharp blade right in the middle. The man swollows hard. "So, tell me", the woman's voice is evil. In fact, all of her is evil. From the way she talks to the way she walks. The man swollows once again and a drop of sweat rolls down the side of his face. "Will you tell me the truth?", she asks. "I... I... I don't.. Know what you are talking about", the man's voice is shaking so much. He knows what is waiting him. "THE TRUTH!!!", his boss hisses in his face. Her breath smells like blood. It's disgusting. The man can't bring himself to talk. It's all to scary. His boss scares him more than death. "Well then. As you wish", the woman flips a blade out to her hand. She always has spare blades. She brings the blade to the man's throat as she walks a round around him. The man is so scared that he pees a little. But he tries not to show it. He stands tall, even though he is scared to death. That is exactly what he meets the next second. Death. His boss slides the blade along his throat, cutting it up as it goes. The man is quickly drained of blood and he quietly falls to the ground. She scoffs at the scared man she just killed. She wipes the blade and pulls it back into the pockets in  her arm. She looks at the dead body before turning around and going back to work.

____

Hey. Thank you for reading. I am so happy you did. I really appreciate it. I hope you like the story, since you are reading it. Please leave a comment, a star, a like or anything to tell me that you like the story. Thanks again.

PS. Just wanted to ask what you think about having swear words in the story. Do you want them? Or is it better as it is now? Barley used.

DON'T JUST EXIST, LIVE❤️