Chapter Twenty Eight - Forget

"Who the fuck is at the door?" I heard Bucky scream from the kitchen.  He had clearly gotten into character.

He was supposed to be the big mean husband, and I was supposed to be the nice, naive wife.

I could hear his footsteps walking toward the open front door. "Honey...", I saiy as Bucky comes beside me. He places his hand on my hips to sell the act. "This is Mr. Robinson. He lives across the street", I say in a soft way looking at Frank's red curls.

Bucky grip tightens as he hears where Frank lives. It only tightens slightly, not even noticeable if you look. But I could feel it.

"Frank Robinson", he extends his arm, waiting for Bucky to grab his hand. Bucky doesn't move. He just glares at Frank. I bump into Bucky, bringing him back from his trance.

"Oh", Bucky clears his throat. "Nathaniel Wallace". Bucky takes his hand of my hip, grabs Frank's hand and shakes it. Bucky never stops staring at Frank with a small amount of anger in his eyes.

"Well", Frank breaks Bucky eyecontact. "I am here to welcome you to the neighbourhood. We have this Ball on Friday, where everyone will be. You should come. Meet som of you new neighbours". Frank looks at me, smiles, turns around and walks off.

I can see bucky looking frustrated at Frank's back. We both go in and close the door after us.

"What the hell were you thinking opening that door?!", Bucky suddenly screams at me. I don't understand his sudden burst of anger.

"What do you mean?", I ask as I stand my ground. "He could have killed you", bucky says with a low voice, as if anyone else can hear him. "Whoa Whoa", I put my hands up in defence. Then I showed a bit of attitude. I couldn't bear this. First he dosent talk to me for months? And then he yells at me?!

"You know that I have abilities right?", I say calmly. "I read his mind before I opened the door. I knew his name before it came out of his mouth. I knew where he lived before putting my hand on the handle. He had no intentions of killing me", I say right to his face. Moving a little closer by every point that I make, to show him that he isn't the only one with a temper.

Then, when my point is made, I walk away. I make sure to stomp my feet to tell him that I don't appreciate his actions. I angrily walk upstairs and slam the door to our bedroom.

After a while of laying on my bed in anger, I go to the bathroom.

I sit down on the toilet as my thought fly around. Why did he snap at me? Does he not know that I can protect myself? Has he forgotten my powers? I didn't even do anything wrong! I just opened the door like a normal person.

I look around the massive bathroom. It is, like the bedroom, black and white. It has a double sink with a big mirror. There is a oversized shower in one of the corners. It even has place to sit inside. I mean, who sits while showering?! There is also a bubble bath-tub in the other corner.

I hear someone enter the room, right after I flush the toilet. I slowly wash my hands, afraid of who just came into the room.

I can't talk Bucky right now. My head and heart can't take it.

I slowly open the door to see Nicole making my and Bucky', now crumbled bed. He turns around as the doors open. "Oh, Mrs. Wallace", he says apologizing. "Please, Call me Alya", I say mimicking Nicole's voice. "Touché", he chuckles, but then he gets serious again. "Well, how are you Alya?", he asks.

I sigh. What do I say? "Honestly... I don't know". He nods. "Why do we have to be on this stupid mission? I mean Nathaniel  clearly dosent like me".