Chapter 21: Second Chances

Alex Pov

I woke up to my body aching.

Where was I? Did I die, where is that brute?

The smell of food faintly filled my nose. I focused and let the soft covers sooth my body. I was at...home and I was safe.

But how? My door creaked open an in stepped Trey with this ridiculous apron on that said 'kiss me cause I'm sexy and I cook', he had flour in his hair and on his face.

He had this tray in his hands.

"I figured you'd wake up by now." He grinned, "So I made um, well everything but I burned it to the point eating it would cause more harm then good." He joked

I frowned awkwardly and bit back a small laugh. He had this sort of Cheshire grin, even though he looked like a complete utter mess-he was still a adorable mess.

"However there was this amazing thing they called cereal. Which I was able to salvage and muster enough of it to serve you." He said placing the platter on my legs. I noted the burn and cut marks on his hands. He had seriously tried to make me breakfast. Fail or not he had tried to do something for me.

"Look as nice as this was I don't need to be taken care of okay. It was just a few scrapes." I grinned picking up the spoon with a batman logo on it. I couldn't help but smile then. I took a few hungry bites before looking back up to Trey. He wasn't smiling in fact he looked completely serious.

"Alex from now on. You can't just run off like that okay. We need to know where you are and-,"

"Excuse me!" I snapped,

"You can't just run off! We need to know where you are and-,

"I am not some little girl. I am adult I don't need to verify where I'm going with you! Im older than you are!" I quipped

"Adults don't run off by themselves and get abducted into a underground fight club. Adults don't throw tantrums, and they damn sure don't make people who care about them worry three steps to death." He replied his voice had grown softer. I just avoided the gaze I knew he was giving me. A look I've seen my parents give me a thousand times.

"I wouldn't have ran off if you hadn't-, if you hadn't...made me." I choked out angrily, all the emotions flooded back into me.

That girl was beautiful in every aspect. Waist was small unlike my cookie trunk. Her flowed and curved like she had just left the shoot for a shampoo commercial, while I have split ends all over the place and have to fight to keep my hair looking somewhat controlled. There's always some girl around the corner whose just prettier it seems.

I don't know what it was but I felt disappointed when it wasn't me. Like it will always be the same thing. Beauty beats everything. No matter what.

We see it in movies, at the mall, and we do it ourselves. Worried of what our friends will think of them, if they will look good enough for our family to approve of. Hell of our kids will look nice. Some people may say oh it's about the personality, but we don't mean it really.

"Hey," Trey snapped me out of my mental pity party, and quietly sat beside me

"What happened with that girl was a mistake. Do you hear me?" He said

"It looked like you enjoyed yourself." I tried to smile but it came out wrong. More like a weird lop sided teethy grin.

"I didn't even know her...You weren't jealous were you?" He teased, I threw my spoon at him.

"I'll take that as a yes!" He laughed I picked my bowl up daring him to say something else, he held his hands up in forfeit.

"Hey beautiful how you feeling." Tyler piped as he came rushing in. I blushed and looked back at my food.