- thirty three

Sungchan sat on the ground, looking at the name carved on the gravestone. There were pictures of Shotaro and his friends, and the white roses he placed on his grave was still there, though it already wilted, its beauty never changed in Sungchan's perspective.

Donghyuck sat next to him while he held his hand. "Tell me about that day he died," Sungchan muttered. It was shocking for someone to be reminded of a terrible day on their own will, but it was something he wanted, so Donghyuck did.

"We just started talking around that time but when the rumor started going around, I was there," Donghyuck begun, clearly remembering that day when he was walking past loitering students in the hallway to get to his locker.

"I wouldn't say it didn't bother me because at some point it did, but not as much as it bothered you. But I saw how your face went pale in a split second when you walked in. Your body started shaking and suddenly your bag just dropped to the floor and you ran into the bathroom stall," Donghyuck turned his gaze towards Sungchan, seeing how his lips were in a thin line.

"I wanted to help you but yeah- you just ran out and you didn't go to school for a week," he ended, knowing that the younger boy couldn't take it anymore and he didn't want Sungchan to be reminded of it.

"Sungchan?" Both of them turned around upon hearing the name.

It was a boy, probably older than them. He had a black hair with neon green highlights. "T-that's me," Sungchan stuttered when he saw the guy.

"Yuta?" Donghyuck said his name out of confusion. They weren't related in any way but Donghyuck remembered him as one of the best graduates in school.

"Donghyuck, you're here too," he said, smiling faintly at the boy. Of course he knew who Donghyuck was, the tan boy is popular almost everywhere he goes.

"How do you know me?" Sungchan shaked his head after realizing what had happened. "Yeah, Shotaro told me a lot about you," he giggled, taking a seat next to Sungchan and stared at the name.

His voice was low, like a sick person. His hair was a mess and his face is swollen. Sungchan looked at him from head to toe, noticing how his clothing was a bit dirty but other than that, everything looked fine.

"He actually left something for you. I've been wanting to give it to you but I didn't know how you looked like," he muttered, taking out an item from his pockets.

"How did you know I was Sungchan then?"

"It was a guess. Here, take this," he puts the small object in Sungchan's hand and proceeded to put a flower on top of Shotaro's grave.

"I'm his cousin, if you're wondering. And he left those earrings for you because he remembered how you've been wanting an ear piercing on your lobe," he begins. Sungchan wanted to say something but before he even could, Yuta continued his words.

"I've never seen anyone coming here to visit him. Now I understand why he likes you so much. You're surrounded by good people Sungchan, and I bet you're a good person yourself,"

"T-thank you," he bows and received a pat on the head from Yuta.

____

Sungchan took off his shirt and threw it on the floor. He switched on the television and sat next to Donghyuck. The older was chomping on his favourite chips, blushing at Sungchan's act. He thanked the lights mentally for being dim.

"Sungchan," he whispered his name. Everything was completely silent and the buzzes coming from the TV was the only thing the filled it up. It was raining heavily outside, affecting the TV signals to reach the antenna.

Sungchan didn't say anything and snuggled his face into Donghyuck's neck. He wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's waist and sniffed him. "Why Donghyuck,"

"Sungchan, you're drunk and you're scaring me," Donghyuck looks at the cans of beer and back to the boy, brushing his hair with his fingers.

After they were done with the visit, Sungchan pulled Donghyuck into the nearest convenient store, got himself three cans of beer and went back home. Donghyuck didn't know the reason behind the payment and he didn't bother to ask. Maybe Sungchan just wanted to drink it for fun.

"Answer me honestly, do you like me or are you just doing this c-cause you pity me?" he mutters, slurring his words.

"Sungchan, why do you like me, out of all people?" He didn't want to answer him because he was tired of telling him the same shit over and over again. "I don't know. Maybe it was because of your eyes, or probably your lips that I crave for every day," he looks at Donghyuck and cupped his right cheeks.

"I just like you because I feel closest to you," he drops back down, resting his head on Donghyuck's shoulder. "Why do you feel closest to me?"

"Because I've lost the love from my parents, like you. I wanted to end my life, like you, and I want someone to love me as much as I love them, like you," he giggles and burped after, playing with Donghyuck's finger.

"But we're different in so many ways,"

"We are different but it never stopped me from loving you. Though you never notice my pain throughout these years, you actually helped me overcome it. There are so many things going on right now but it doesn't matter. I feel like I have someone to relate to, someone who can fully understand me. And that person is you," he stops for a second to look at his arms.

"Thats why I like you," he lays down on the couch and rested his head on his lap. Though Sungchan might be drunk, he was sober enough to know whats going on and controlled himself from doing anything stupid.

Sungchan didn't know why he actually liked Donghyuck.

The feeling crawled up to him when he first saw the boy. They made eye contact, but Donghyuck was never aware of his presence. It didn't bother Sungchan because he knew that he himself is bad at showing his true persona. It took a lot of courage for him to make friends, and now he's here, with the person he loves. Resting his head on his lap in a drunken state, just like how he wanted.

The scars across Sungchan's arm caught Donghyuck's attention. There were lines here and there, all in different directions and some of them intersecting the other. It all healed but it left a dark scar on his arms which probably won't go away.

Sungchan took his hand, gliding his thumb across the huge scar. It still hurt, but not as much as when it was still fresh. Sungchan brought it closer to his face and kissed them.

"Remember when you had a bandage wrapped around your hand and I had one too around my arm," Sungchan intertwined their hands, still listening to the light, rhythmic, tapping sounds of the rain on the roof.

"Yea,"

"See, both of our scars got better, together," he smiled upon seeing the older's face above him. It was as if he was looking at the sun in the dark night. Though that is an impossible phenomenon to ever occur, it felt like it. His eyes were glittering and his hair fell above his eyes. The heart-shaped lips were pink and plump, just the way Sungchan likes it. His facial features complemented his personality very well, something Sungchan had noticed throughout the times he befriended the older.

"I'm glad it did," he smiles back at the boy and placed a soft peck on his forehead. The smell of lavender from the younger's hair came entering Donghyuck's nostrils. He had always thought that this day wouldn't come. It felt unreal to him that he had fallen into one of the branches of life, love.

Like a romantic poem with a hint of sadness and angst. Though life was evil to the both of them, they got through it. There were parts where they got their hearts broken, and there were parts where they felt like they were on cloud nine. All the ups and downs they went through is finally coming to an end, and now they are together.

Well, not just yet.

And tomorrow is the day Donghyuck had been waiting for because he is finally ready. Sungchan had given him enough time to think things through and he did.

He's doing it, and he won't back up.

( a/n : I CAME BACK WITH 1K KFKAKDK THANK U SO MUCH!!! and if any of yall r from the dc server... ily :P)