- eighteen

I could smell the summer wind blowing towards my direction as I look up at the cherry blossoms that has grown into a beautiful tree. The flowers fell from the tree delicately and land on the ground, finding its new place. I stepped on the dried leaves, resulting in the crunchy sounds which made the male in front of me to laugh and jump from one leaf to another one. The purple hoodie jumps along with him right below his tummy. His hair bounces softly but it was all messed up when he stopped doing so.

"Should we take a picture here? It's really pretty," he smiles at me sweetly, intertwining his hands with mine. It was cold but there was a hint of warmth when it locked with mine. "Do you want me to take a picture of you?" I asked, trying not to stutter.

"I want to take a picture with you though, this would be our first picture together!" He jumps but ended up stumbling on me after stepping on his shoe lace. I caught him in my arm and it sent us into a fit of laughter.

"You should ask the people around to help, I'm not gonna saying anything,"

"Bet,"

I sat down on a bench and stayed there, looking at Donghyuck walk from one side of the path to the other. The number of people here weren't as much as when spring begun. The white bag that was sling across his body moves to back instead of staying to the side of his body as he walks. Donghyuck holds on to it and moved it back to its original place.

He stood next to a girl with a beige knitted sweater tucked in a white straight cut pants. The girl noticed his presence and they talked to each other. I couldn't see Donghyuck's face because it was facing away from me but I could tell that he was smiling because the girl was smiling as well. He reminds me of Sicheng, his gleaming face enlightens everyone around him.

He turns around to face me and signaled me to come over to where he was standing. I jog towards him and stood behind him. "Is this a good spot?" Donghyuck asked the girl, not sure if the spot he had chosen was a good choice or not. "Its not bad. Do you want a picture together in the middle of the path or below the trees?" She puts her bag down next to a guy- which I assume is her boyfriend- and went back to us.

"Both?" Donghyuck raises his index finger up with twinkly eyes. "Okay okay," she chuckles. "You can stand here, right at the center," she lift up a dried leaf and place it back down on the ground to where we were suppose to stand. "Don't be stiff alright," she advices. I tried looking as natural as possible, standing dangerously close to Donghyuck. He snakes his arms around my waist and smiled genuinely to the camera. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held the string of my bag with the other. She started counting down and begins to take pictures of the both of us.

We spent half and hour taking pictures and we thanked her for putting up with us. After getting almost 30 pictures together, we continued to head to the library. We passed by a few stores and when I heard the familiar tune of my favourite song, it reminded me of the boy walking next to me. "Donghyuck, do you think this song sounds good?" I asked.

He listens closely at the faint sound coming from one of the music store. "It would be the type of song I would listen to the whole day and won't get bored of it," he described. "Do you know the name of the song?"

"Its Control by Zoe Wees," I answered. I don't know how to tell him what I think about the song because I'm scared that he'll get uncomfortable by what I say. "Do you want to know something?" He asked right away after I answered his question. "I would only remember the name of a song if I like it or when it reminds me of someone,"

"Did anyone came in my mind when you listen to this song?" He glances at me at once again. His eyes were different at times like this, they look softer than I knew eyes could be. It held pain deep inside but as his eyes got lost in mine, his breath made him hitched, which made him blush. I broke the stare that seemed like forever and said, "Of course,"

"Describe that person to me, or even better, tell me who that person is," he ignores what happened a few minutes ago. "To make things short, if you understand the lyrics, it makes me feel like I was the one singing to him,"

"Him," he mumbles, thinking of any guys possible.

"Is he special though,"

"Very much. He doesn't know that he helped me go through a lot of things. His existence in my life was already enough and without him, I don't think I could hold on to the thread I've been hanging on my whole life," I explained briefly, reminiscing that time when I first saw him in school.

It was my first day of high school and the first person to catch my eye was him. I didn't think this little crush I had for him would go on for years because I'm actually the type to lose interest in a week after seeing that person. But the second time I saw him, which was on stage, singing a ballad song, I just knew that he caught my heart. The vibrations of his voice had emotions in it. He poured his soul to sing that song.

That was my first and my last time listening to his melodic voice. The voice that suits very well with the song he sang.

"You're quite poetic," he chuckles upon hearing my description about the song and the guy I like. "Damn I didn't mean to sound that deep and sad," I snorted.

Donghyuck walked ahead of me with his earphones on, dancing on his foot to the rhythm of the song. I stared at his figure from behind, still asking myself how I've gotten here. It felt like yesterday when my knees went weak after he asked for my number. Time passed by fast, and soon, he will graduate. He will go his own way, and so will I. Will I ever get to be with him before we separate or will I ever get the chance to tell him my feelings?