Chapter 16

On Saturday night I wore a blue dress and Castle blue shirt. We went in Q3. When we returned home, we changed clothes and went for a walk. Outside we danced for a while. Rick told me jokes and I laughed at them. We talked a lot like Neal said. It was late when we arrived back. I took a quick shower and I lay in bed. Rick also showered and lay down next to me. For a moment we looked into each other's eyes before I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

I woke up at about 2 in the morning. I quickly got up out of bed and I ran to the bathroom. I threw up everything I ate that evening. Rick knelt behind me and made me a ponytail. Then he stroked my back and waited. I threw up two more time. He handed me a glass of water. I drank and brushed my teeth. Castle supported me and helped me back to bed.

"Feeling better?" he asked. I nodded and let my head fall on the pillow. He touched my forehead and looked worried at me.

"You have a fever. Katherine, I don’t like it. Right in the morning I'll take you to the hospital, but first I need to ask you something," he said and grabbed my hand. I nodded and squeezed his hand.

"Can you be pregnant?" he asked and almost immediately he regretted his questions. The color disappeared from my face and I felt little dizzy.

"No," I said," I'm on pills," I whispered. Rick hugged me and kissed me on the ear.

"I'm sorry. I won’t ask you something like that," he said. We were curled up together and fell asleep. During the night, I threw up once again.

In the morning Rick took me to the hospital. The nurse took my blood, then she sent us out into the corridor. I sat down beside him, and I put my head in Rick's lap. He stroked me on the back. I was exhausted, so I fell asleep.

Rick woke me when he kissed my hair.

"Beckett, wake up," he whispered. I raised my head and wearily I smiled at him.

"How do I look? Am I very disheveled?" I asked.

"No. You look wonderful as always. Doctors already have the results come, "he took my hand and we walked to the ambulance.

"So Miss Beckett, you have a strong food poisoning. I'll give you antibiotics and you will feel better. Mainly you need a lot of rest," the doctor said handing me a paper and then we left. At home, I took the first pill and lay on the couch. Castle lay behind me and held his arms around me.