Chapter 26

"We found cause of your collapse. You are pregnant. Congratulations!" doctor said. Rick hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I stared at the doctor and I couldn't say a word. My cheeks were wet from tears and finally I smiled brightly.
"How far am I?" I asked.
"I don't know yet. But we'll find out on ultrasound. Now you have to be very careful on yourself. You and baby are fine, but there's still the risk of miscarriage. You were sick because of hormones and heavy physical exertion. Now relax. Then I'll take you for an ultrasound and tomorrow morning you'll be able to go home," he said. I nodded and he left. Rick again hugged me and kissed me.

"Kate, we're having a baby!" he shouted joyfully and I laughed. I invited him into my bed. We were curled up together. Rick stroked me on my new pregnancy belly and kissed my hair.
"Thank you, Katherine. I love you," he whispered in my ear.
"I love you too," I whispered still in his arms. Martha came into the room with Alexis. Alexis immediately jumped on the bed and one by one she hugged us. She sat between us on a huge hospital bed and grabbed everyone's hand.
"Alexis, we would like to tell you something," I said after a moment of silence. Alexis looked at me and smiled. I took her hand and put it on my belly.
"There is growing your sister or brother," I said with a smile on his face and waited for her reaction. Alexis touched my belly, resting her head on it and gave me a kiss on it.

"Hey, nut," she said happily and hugged me.
"So we have a name for it until we find out if it's a girl or a boy," said Castle and we all laughed. But Martha didn't. She still stood in the doorway and stared at us.
"Mom, what's up?" Rick asked, "Are you not happy to have another grandchild?"
"Do not you think it's too soon? You should think about it. You are only eight months together and need to work on your relationship and ... "
"Mom, shut up!" Rick screamed Rick, "Kate in any case won't have an abortion. We know it's soon and that we have to work on our relationship, but we can do it even with a baby."
"Let's try how it is like. I let Alexis here and you two have to take care of her as best as you can," said Martha angry and slammed the door. Me, Rick and Alexis curled up together. I gave Rick a pitying look, and then I smiled at him.