Chapter 4

I woke up in the big bed. I wasn’t at home. I didn’t know what time it is or how long I slept. I was wearing only my underwear and shirt. I touched my cheek. It hurt. I sat up in bed and looked around. Castle appeared in the doorway. He smiled at me and sat down on bed. He grabbed my hand.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked still sleepily.

"Just a few hours. I brought you out of the precinct. I've done for you some things," he said squeezing my hand.

"What?" I asked incredulously.

"Espo and Ryan arrested Josh and they accused him of domestic violence. I took you into the restroom and then I went to Gates. She was extremely nice to me," he said significantly, and I smiled a little," She gave you 14 days holiday. I asked my mom to get Alexis to herself. I don’t want Alexis to see you in this state. She's only 5. She is clever, but she should have a lot of questions. I don’t want you to have much stress. You will now stay here and I'll take care of you," he said gravely with both hands grabbed mine and deeply looked into my eyes.

"Thank you, but I can handle it," I whispered.

"I will not argue with you. You stay here. But there's something I need from you," he said. I was scared. I was afraid that he might want sex from me. I backed on the bed away from him and waited for his reaction.

"Don’t be scared. I won’t hurt you. When I was taking off your pants, I noticed that you have a lot of bruises. I just want to know what Josh did to you?" he asked. When I started to think about the events of the past three months, my heart started beating faster. Then I had dizzy, and the last thing I felt was, as my head hit the pillow and immediately after Rick's hand on my hair. I heard his voice calling my name and trying to wake me up.