Chapter 28

When I arrived the next morning in the kitchen, on the table was a letter for me. It was sent from the courthouse. I opened it and when I finished reading, I was pale in face. Rick stood behind me and took the letter from me. He read it and then hugged me.
"Don't worry. You can do it," he whispered in my ear. I hugged him tightly and buried my head in his chest.
"I do not want to go there," I whispered, "I don't want to meet him again. I'll have to go back to what he did to me. It'll be lot of stress for me and I don't want to hurt our little nut."

"I'll be there with you. When you don't like what they are going to ask, you'll go to me and we'll leave. I understand that it will mean for you so much stress, but without your testimony they can't put him behind bars. You made a lot. You overcame a lot of problems. You were on the therapy and you mastered everything. This will not be a problem. Believe me, please," said Rick and kissed me.
"I love this on you. You can always reassure me. Okay I'll go there," I said and I kissed him again. Our kiss was with more passion and when we broke apart, we both tried to catch our breaths. Alexis came to us. She was rubbing her eyes and yawning.
"Hi, sweetie," we said together with Rick.

"Hi mom, dad and nut," Alexis said and giggled. Castle served the breakfast and we ate. We spent all day on the couch and we laughed.
During the next week we uncovered our relationship and my pregnancy, so when that fateful day came, everyone already knew that inside me is growing little human. It was the day when I was supposed to meet with Josh again. Martha was with Alexis at her home, even though she still didn't accept the fact that we are having a baby.

Rick stood by my side and held my hand. I strongly squeezed it and bit my lip. I was really nervous too. I was wearing a black simple dress, over which began to take shape my baby bump. I was talking with Rick and Lanie, when two policemen were coming with Josh in handcuffs. I stood closer to Rick and grabbed his hand. Josh smiled devilishly at us and sent me a kiss. Shivers ran down my spine.

After half an hour I sat in the chair and I answered the questions. I wasn't feeling too well. I was very nervous and I still had one hand resting on my belly.
"Could you please describe how was the rape," doctor asked the.
"It was great! She screamed amazingly and fought back! I really liked it!" Josh shouted joyfully.
"Shut up, you bastard!" yelled Rick, "You have no idea what Kate had to go through to get over it."
"Do you see it? It happened eight months ago and the bitch is already with another guy and she is pregnant with his baby!" he yelled again. I couldn't take it anymore. My cheeks began to be full of tears. I ran to Rick and he hugged me.
"Can I take her out?" Castle asked and still held me tightly close to him. The judge nodded.
"Come on. We're going away," Rick said gently and led me out of the room.