Chapter 27

About an hour later doctor took me for an ultrasound. Alexis and Rick went with me. Rick held my hand and Alexis was at his side. The doctor pulled up my shirt and squeezed some cold gel on my stomach and began to move with the probe.
"Here it is," said the doctor pointing at the monitor. There was a small bright dot. We all smiled.
"Rick, it's so tiny," I whispered tearfully. Rick squeezed my hand and kissed me on the forehead. All three of us looked at the monitor and we observed a baby.
"You're in the 8th week. Another four weeks you have to be maximum careful on yourself, avoid stress and heavy physical exertion. Congratulations," the doctor said and smiled.
"Would you like a picture?" she asked. I and Rick nodded. The doctor handed me a napkin so I can clean my belly. I did that and then they took me back to my room. I was a little tired. Alexis sat on the chair and fell asleep.

"Give me a drink, please," I whispered. Rick handed me a drink and I took a long sip. Then he stroked my cheek and kissed me.
"You should rest," he said and kissed me again. I nodded and closed my eyes.
The next morning Rick took me and Alexis home. I went right to bed, but I couldn't be in it for too long, because my pregnancy started to work. I was very sick, so I immediately ran to the bathroom and threw up. Rick came to me, made me a ponytail and he was making small circles on my back.
"Feeling better, honey?" he asked handing me water. I drank and nodded. With his help, I went back to bed. Alexis lay with me and together we read books. Rick was taking photos of us and smiling.

"Daddy, why are you taking pictures of me and mommy?" Alexis asked by her cute voice.
"Because you both are so cute," he said and then asked us, "Would you like something to eat?" I nodded immediately. When I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant, I started to want more food. Rick loved me for it and it made him a pleasure to look after me. Rick cooked meal and gave it to us. Then I and Rick tickled Alexis until she finally fell asleep. Castle took her to her room and came back to me. He climbed on top of me and started to tickle me. I laughed and tried to remove him from me. When he stopped, I fell asleep with a smile on my face and in his strong arms.