Chapter 37

The next week with Rick we celebrated first year anniversary. We agreed to stay home and my dad said that he will take care of Alexis because Martha still didn't want to talk to us. She was still angry because of the fact that we are going to have a baby so soon. But we were happy and we did not want to change anything in it.
It was Wednesday evening. Alexis was already gone. She was a bit sad that she had to go, but finally agreed. She took her teddy elephant with her. I put on a light blue dress and I went into the kitchen. Rick stood at the table and stared at me with his mouth open. I giggled and walked toward him. He was wearing a blue shirt and pants. Everywhere in the kitchen were candles and on the table was ready dinner.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked him with a smile on my face. Rick pulled me to him and kissed me passionately.
"You look wonderful," he whispered in my ear and kissed me again.
"You are not so bad yourself," I said and poked him in the chest. We sat down at the table and ate dinner together. After dinner we sat on the couch and I snuggled to him. Rick pushed me away and got up from the couch. I looked at him and I stood up too. Castle knelt in front of me and pulled out a ring from his pocket. I stared at him in shock and I put my hands on belly.
"Kate, we went through hell together. We have overcome a lot of obstacles. We have had good seasons and bad, but now we are finally together and we are happy. I love you with all my heart and I cannot imagine my life without you. You're a mom to Alexis and under your heart you are carrying our little Johanna. So Katherine Houghton Beckett, will you marry me?" he asked me in a firm voice. I had tears in my eyes. Rick stood up and deeply looked into my eyes.
"Richard Edgar Alexander Rodgers Castle, yes. I'll marry you," I whispered back. He gave me ring and kissed me. I hugged him and I burst into tears. Rick pulled me as close as he could and then he kissed me.
"I love you," I whispered into his ear.
"I love you too," he said back.

"I'm going to get changed and then we can cuddle on the couch," I said and smiled. Rick nodded and I went into the bedroom, where I changed into a T-shirt and sweatpants. Castle walked into the bedroom and changed his clothes too. Eventually we ended up huddled together in bed. Rick stroked my tummy.
"I've got one more surprise," he said after a few minutes.
"What?!" I squeaked, "I still didn't give you even a gift and you are already giving me another?"
"You gave me the most beautiful gift that you could give me. You gave me yourself, Johanna, and you're mom to Alexis," he said kissing me. I nodded.

"Kate, we can get married this Saturday in the Hamptons. I made almost everything. I've got the dress for you. I have all the decorations. I asked your dad and my mom. Alexis, of course, will be there too. I said it to Lanie, Ryan, Esposito and Gates. They understood that we want to do it only in the family circle. Now I'm just asking you if you agree with this offer," he said grabbing my arm. I sat on the bed and I looked surprised at him. In me was mixing anger, because he did not say anything sooner. But I was happy because he managed to arrange everything. I nodded and kissed him. We spent the entire night in the each other's arms. Castle was stroking my belly before I fell asleep and held me close to him.