Chapter 32

Two weeks later we went to the doctor for a check. I was a little nervous. When we were sitting in the waiting room, Rick was holding my hand and I was squeezing it. About 10 minutes nurse called us and we went inside. I lay on my bed and my doctor started doing ultrasound. In mid-examination she stopped picture and showed it to us. She put her finger on the screen where was our baby.
"Here," she said, "It's perfectly fine don't worry." She let the sound and we heard the heartbeat.
"I could tell you sex if you want," she said. I nodded and Rick too.
"It seems that you are going to have a beautiful little girl," she said. My eyes were filled with tears and I squeezed Rick's hand. He stroked my face and kissed me.

After check we went immediately to the precinct. We had another case. On the murder board were pictures of the victims and suspects. Almost the whole day I was in the interrogation room. Rick still brought food and tea to me. Every time I thanked him, because it was so cute from him.
In the afternoon, he went to kindergarten for Alexis and then immediately home. I came home in the evening. The living room and the office were empty. I was a little panicked.
"Castle! Alexis!" I shouted, but then I heard laugh. Rick held Alexis in his arms and tickled her.
"Mommy!" shouted Alexis, she ran to me and hugged me. I gave her kiss on the cheek and hugged her back. We cooked and ate dinner together. After dinner, Alexis helped me clean up the dishes and Castle prepared movie. We sat on the couch and I winked at Castle. He nodded. I took Alexis's hand and put it on my belly.

"Do you want to know if you have a sister or brother?" I asked. Alexis thought for a moment and then smiled and nodded.
"It's a girl," I said with a smile. Alexis got serious and then she gave me a kiss on the belly and hugged me first and then Rick.
"I'm going to bed," she told us, "Mom, would you put me in bed?" she asked and I nodded. I took her hand and we went into the bedroom. She got into bed and grabbed my hand. I sat on her bed.
"Will you and dad still love me when the baby is born?" she asked sadly after a moment. I lay down next to her and hugged her.
"We will always love you, sweetheart. Always," I replied. She smiled and gave me goodnight kiss and I went back into the living room. I told Castle what Alexis said and together we agreed that now we will give Alexis much more attention.