--30--

Yuya's POV 

School has been quiet recently. There's been no Yuto, no Lulu and Yugo has stuck to me like gum on my shoe. It's been a month since that night, Yuto's apartment is now vacant, Heba having left along with Yuto. I'm nearly reduced to tears when I remember Yuto kissing my forehead as he left the apartment building. "Yuya!" Yuzu called out to me, running up and jumping on my back. "Want to come over this weekend to watch some movies?" I thought for a moment, it's not like I have anything else going on. I nodded and Yuzu squealed happily.  "Excellent, we were thinking about a comedy marathon. Bring any movie you want too. Snacks are necessary but are welcomed." 

Yuzu tried to joke with me, I continued to smile, feeling awful but knowing this was the best thing. I need to move on. Yugo walked over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder as he sat on the desk beside me. Strange to think Yugo is my cousin. In a strange way, we could be considered brothers as our dads were twins. "It's good you'll be joining us," He assured.  "Dad's getting us some doughnuts from the new place on 12th so if you have a specific order it's on me. As dad is using my allowance."  I laughed internally at his disappear, knowing he's putting it on as part of a joke.  He really is trying, I should be letting him in more. He is family, despite what happened between our parents we've been good friends. 

"Yuya," I looked up from my desk, Lulu standing by the door waving at me. I gave a small smile, grabbing my bag and following Lulu to her office. "I'm glad to see you're okay." I nodded, for all things considering, I am doing better then expected. "I've had some good news from the college practice exams." 

Lulu shut the office door as I took a seat, anticipating the practice exams. I've been trying so hard, despite my lack of speech, I'm trying to secure a scholarship. Interviews will be difficult but I really want to do my sister proud. "It seems you've caught the attention of a university a few towns over," Lulu congratulated me as she sat opposite me. "I understand this is very different but I think it might be worth setting up an interview and test for the school.." 

I was taken back a bit. I was only aiming for a local college but a few towns over. What about Emi? When I got home, Emi instantly knew my news. She sat me on the sofa, giving me a tight hug. I was confused, is she okay with this? I leant into her touch, similar to when mom used to hug me like this. "We've been through so much this year," She stated, holding me tighter. "I want the best for you and this college, I think is a great opportunity for you, if you want it."

I shifted, hiding my face, feeling my face flush. "I-" I started to speak, feeling as if there's a knife in my throat. I want to tell her, I want to do this.  "I do." 

There was a moment of silence before Emi spoke up. "I'm so proud of you," I heard her cry. "Take your time with everything. We'll get a hotel booked for you to have a look at the college as soon as possible." 

I shifted, to kiss her on the cheek as a thank you. I'm so grateful to have someone so understanding I can only wish Yuto was here to share my excitement.