--10--

Yuto’s POV

“You’re helping Yuya join an acting class?” Lulu raised a brow at me as I finished telling her about Yuya. As his support worker, I tell her as much as possible so she had more information to work off. “An acting class?”

I nodded. I know how it must seem, I’m encouraging the mute boy to join an acting class but after talking to Emi, I found out Yuya was a part in many productions in middle school. “Perhaps, recreating the times he spent in his old club, will encourage him to try speaking again,” I explained and Lulu did not look convinced. “He seemed keen on the idea. He’s going to the taster with me this weekend, it’ll be fine.”

“Aren’t you getting a little too close to Yuya?” Her face turned dark as I felt her eyes piece my soul. She pointed to the chair and without a second thought I sat down. “Yuya, is a very vulnerable kid Yuto and you getting this close to him will only cause him trouble.”

I sighed. I know he’s younger than me and I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing but I can’t help but want to be there for Yuya. “I can’t help myself,” I replied honestly. “Yuya makes me feel a way I haven’t ever felt before.”

Lulu’s eyes widened at my words and now I'm starting to panic. I said the wrong thing, didn’t I? She sat in the chair opposite me and leant into me. “And how is that?” I blinked. “The feelings. What are those feelings?”

“W-well,” I began to stuttered. “When I think about him, he makes me happy. Seeing his smile tightens my chest and I want to do everything I can to protect him.”

“You’re in love with him,” She stated leaning back in defeat.

I thought for a moment before letting out a small laugh. “Guess I am.” Lulu started to shake her head. I’m in trouble now. Not only is Yuya, technically still a student but we’re from very different worlds and the incident from the other week won’t just go away. “I won’t act on them it’s fine.”

“What if you bite him?” Lulu growled starting to get angry.

I took a couple of deep breathes, trying to remain calm. “I won’t,” I promised looking her dead in the eyes.

“Who are you trying to convince Yuto?” Lulu yelled at me slamming her chair. I was taken back a bit by her sudden anger. “If you get involved with Yuya, you don’t know what could happen.”

I looked away from her, knowing she’s right. How much further involved with Yuya can I be before something happens. We’ve already been attacked once and that incident is one you don’t forget easily, though he won’t mention it to me. “Like I said,” I started. “I won’t act on my feelings.”

“Then build a boundry you’re just a teacher,” Lulu sighed. “I mean, he will graduate in a few months anyway but until then please keep the relationship as student and teacher.”

I sighed in defeat. She’s right, again! Lulu usually is about these things. It’ll be hard but I need to keep a distance between Yuya and myself.  I can wait until he graduates surely? Then he won’t be my student anymore but I wonder, just how much self control will I have.