--5--

The bell rang through the arcade a Gong had gotten the top score on the test of strength. Zuzu cheered loudly, crouching down to the ticket dispenser. I clapped, impressed by how strong Gong really is. “What you want to play next Yuya?” Gong asked.

I looked around for a moment, what do I want to play? Then it hit me. I pointed over to the ski ball lanes. “We’ll need to make this the last game,” Yuto advised and we all groaned. “Sorry but I need to get Yuya back by nine.”

“Can we play then cash in the tickets?” Zuzu asked holding the overflowing stack.

“Deal,” Yuto laughed.

We placed our tokens into the machine and it began to lit up and then the balls fell. You get ten balls to throw at the targets. The harder the target is to get; the more points and more points means more tickets. I threw my first ball but only managed to hit a 20, trying again I got 10. I forgot how bad I was at this game. I pouted and crossed my arms which clearly made Yuto laugh. I stepped me to the side, taking my turns for me.

The first ball he got a 50! Then a 70. Okay, he can keep my turns if he gets these types scores. At the end he nearly reached the high school and the tickets were flooding out of the machine. We gathered up the tickets and added them to the rest.

With my share of the tickets a I got a red dragon with green patterns on it. Zuzu got a bracelet and Gong said he’d save his share for another time. We bid out goodbyes so Yuto could walk me back home before I got in trouble. “It seems you had a good time,” Yuto stated and I nodded. It’s weird that a teacher's aide would hang out with his students outside of school, guess he must feel a duty of care. “It’s good to see you smile Yuya.”

I blushed, holding my dragon closely. He’s so cute. I gulped; I want to thank him properly.  Can I really bring myself to do it? Can I say this? My hearts beating faster the more I think about it. I really want to say it but I don’t want to at the same time. I grabbed onto his sleeves and we stopped. The pathway home isn’t crowded so this shouldn’t be too embarrassing. “What’s up Yuya?” His face has a look of concern and he just stares at me. I lock eyes with him and gulp again. Just two little words, I don’t have to say much more after that. I open my mouth to speak, barely anything audible coming out. “Yuya?”

I tried again only to be stopped by the sound of someone whistling. “Deciding to eat your latest meal out are we,” meal? We both looked into the direction the whistle came from and it was then I noticed something change in Yuto. His face scrunched up and his eyes turned dark. “Not going to say hello to an old friend?”

“Shut it Kite!” Yuto yelled grabbing my arm. I felt him squeeze my arm in an almost possessive manner. I could feel his nails digging into my arm. “How many times do I have to tell you to leave me alone?”

“You’re the one who ran away,” Kite explained cooling walking over to us. “It’s taken me many years to track you down. Now be a good boy and come with me.” Yuto didn’t move, pulling me closer to him. “Someone’s attached to a little human, ha!”

Human? Is he saying Yuto isn’t human? “Leave Yuya out of this,” He spat and I looked up at him, seeing something sharp from his mouth. Are those his teeth? I’ve never noticed it before.

My eyes widened as I realised, I had seen teeth like this before. Flashbacks from that night came flooding back to me. The night my parents died; I saw teeth like this with blood dripping from them. I ripped my arm away from Yuto and backed off quickly. I felt my back hit a wall and fell in fear. Yuto couldn’t have been the one that night, could he? He looked at me, almost scared of what I was going to do. He reached his hand out to me but I shook my head.

I don’t want him to touch me.

I sat against the wall, still clinging onto my dragon and my lip trembling. “Aw poor human,” this Kite guy laughed.

Yuto whipped his head back around, looking ready for a fight. They looked as if they were going to lunge at each other when they stopped at the sound of clapping. The clap echoed to the right of me as it came from the nearby alleyway. Purple hair, deep eyes and two strands of hair that make his appear rabbit like. It’s Yuri from class 1-A. Why’s he here?  Kite and Yuto both froze at Yuri’s presence. “Now now Yuto,” He smirked. “Breaking the conditions we set in we set in place, are we?”

“N-no Yuri,” Yuto stammered, fear in his eyes.  “Please believe me, I wasn’t doing anything!”

Why is Yuto so afraid of Yuri? And what conditions is he talking about?

Yuri’s smirk never left as he looked at Kite. “You know the rules, leave this member of my clan alone and I won't be forced to kill you.”

Kite straightened himself up, glaring at Yuto. “You’re lucky this time,” He growled before disappearing into the shadow.

I felt my body go limp as Kite left. Yuri looked down to me and I grasped my plush tighter, too scared to move. What were they going to do with me?