--20--

Emi's POV

"Goodnight," I waved off the last customers, watching as they left through the door.

As I saw them out of sight I groaned, falling to my knees. I hate college student nights; every student comes with about three friends and then they bring three more friends. I sighed, standing back up to be greeted by Ray, quietly laughing to herself. "I guess giving students 2 for 1 on hot drinks does bring in a lot of business," She laughed, leaning over the counter. "Will you be alright with tomorrow?"

I nodded. Tomorrow, Ray has that meeting with the elders of the town and has asked if I can try running the shop. As the café might be expanding, all going well tomorrow, I could be up for the management position on a day time café. Tomorrow is my chance to show I can handle things on my own. "Don't worry about me," I assured, grabbing some of the dirty cups and placing them on the kitchen window for others to clean. "I want to show you I can do this."

Ray sighed, "It's just last time,"

"I nearly got killed," Ray nodded and I leant over the counter to face her. "Yeah, but that issue has been solved right?" Again, she nodded. "Then nothing to worry about."

Ray smirked, tucking in a bit of her hair behind her ear. "I guess you are right," She sighed, pushing herself up straight. "You have my number remembered? So, if anything goes wrong-"

"Would you please just let me do what I got to do?" I joked. "I will be fine."

--

The following evening came quickly. Rather than having Yuya at the shop with me, I agreed for him to spend time at home with a couple of friends. I believe it was Yuzu and Gong. I stuffed the freezer with Pizza and ice cream for them and Yuzu brought over her gaming console for them to play too. I had trouble setting it up before I left. When was the last time I even had a games console?

I smiled widely, getting an idea. "That's perfect!" I said aloud to myself, getting some concern looks from a couple of customers. I laughed nervously and carried on cleaning behind the register. I'll get Yuya a gaming console for his birthday. I've saved up a lot of money and tonight I'm getting a little extra for handling tonight on my own. Yes it's perfect.

Luckily tonight was quiet. Like last time, Yuto came in for a drink before the meeting, all smiles and asking if he could come over to assist Yuya in some more of his homework. I agreed stupidly knowing full well Yuya has a crush on him. They think I haven't noticed recently but it's so obvious that Heba starts joking how they would make a wonderful couple. I gripped the broom tighter just at the thought. I'm sure Yuto wouldn't take advantage but with how vulnerable Yuya can be and I don't what anything hindering potential recovering. My grip loosened, then again it could speed up recovery. Ahh, I don't know what to think.

I jumped up, hearing the bell above the door ring. I placed the broom to the side and headed to the counter, my eyes closed and giving a large customer service grin. "Welcome what can I get you?" I opened my eyes, getting a good look at the customer. I felt my heart jump and it was as if time froze around me. Green hair and dark brown eyes and a bright smile.

"Hi, can I get a large mocha and a hot chocolate with all the extras please?"

I swallowed, I'm sure loud enough for the man opposite to hear. He looks, he looks like him. "Dad?"

--

A/N

Whoo woo another update!

How are you all doing during this time? I'm hoping you are all staying safe and just a quick thanks for taking time out to read this.

Hopefully another update to come soon stay safe out there!