--7--

I waited patiently in my usual booth, nervous for when Yuto might arrive. My heart is pounding out of my chest and my palms are sweaty. I have to do this. I have to face the things that scare me. I brought my white board with me to try and hold a conversation with Yuto as best I can. “Yuya,” I looked up and felt my face start to heat up. Yuto. He gave me a soft smile before sitting opposite me. “How you feeling?”

I wrote a simple ‘Ok’ on the white board.

“I know that last night was scary and confusing which is why I’m glad I can talk to you about it,” He said in such a soft tone. “There’s some things I can’t tell you every little detail though.” I frowned. So, he has to keep some secrets? “I moved here a few years ago after I feel into a bad crowd. My mother and I live in the apartments ran my Yuri’s family and he’s helped us out a lot and I'm worried if I push the wrong buttons, my mom and I would need to leave.”

I feel a bit like a jerk for not listening to him last night about all this. As soon as I was dropped off home, I shut myself in my room. I didn’t realise Yuto had a hard past. He never seemed the type to get into the wrong crowd. He's always been so nice and he cares for everyone. I was taken back a bit as he grabbed my hand. “Yuya, I've never met a kid like you before,” He said. “I want to keep you safe.”

I’m sure face got redder and my crush just got much worse. This guy is just so perfect. I took my hand back, getting an idea. I grabbed the white board and started to write. ‘Want to go watch a movie?’ I know this guy is meant to be my teaching aide but it’s only for a few months. This wouldn’t be a date so much as a way for me to get to know him more.

I saw the slightest pink tint on Yuto’s face. “If you are up for it,” He asked and I nodded. “Alright, I'll talk to your sister. You’re lucky, if it was a school night, I would have said no.”

In my mind I did little victory dance, watching as Yuto went to talk to Emi. What should we see? I wonder what time of movies he likes? RomCom, maybe just plain comedy? Horror even? So many choices! My mind thought about romantic scenarios you can get in the movies; hands meeting in the popcorn, putting his arm around me. If any of those happened, I’d be in heaven! “Okay,” I looked back up, seeing Yuto and Emi back at the booth. “No, you cannot go to the movies. After last night I’m a little cautious.” I frowned. No fair. “But I will allow Yuto to take you home and you can rent a movie off the online store.”

I sighed, guess that’s the best I’m going to get. I nodded and stood up ready to go. Either way, I’m getting Yuto to myself tonight.