74

*3rd pov*

Rivals. Rivals is what both seokjin and namjoon were, scrunching their noses, wriggling eyebrows and walking with a head up whenever they see one another. Both men had their own bakeries at the middle of the town, and both were well known for it. But having two bakeries in a same town, same area made them clash a lot, especially during festive seasons where who would sell more delicacies. There was also a rumour going in between the people who lived at the town where 'rivals to lovers'. That's what they exclaim seokjin and namjoon but both seokjin and namjoon were totally unaware of it.

Both boys had never talked to one another, until another new person opens a pastry factory in the town. Both seokjin's and namjoon's business had an immerse breakdown of lost, where sometimes their fresh delicacies went in vain, both parties were very much unsatisfied about it. It was their town's annual holiday function and all of the people wouldn't dare to miss the wonderful day, even for millions of pennies. It was a day where all villagers gather at the town, roaming at random stores, and the fact that the factory's employees had opened a big stall at there made the crowd go wild except two people.

Both males somehow happen to clash in the crowd, namjoon sworn he had never seen such handsome man in his life. Seokjin's moon shadow mullet was perfectly slicked back proudly exposing his dashing forehead.His cute doe eyes were somehow intimidating for the shorter male, seokjin had full cherubic lips and slender neck twine along with his broad shoulder and tall muscular figurine. Namjoon was wearing his normal black shirt along with his long green button up coat, seokjin had never seen this boy this close and this made his heart thud out of his ribcage looking at how ethereal the boy looked. He had cute constellation doe eyes, sun caressed melanin skin, elegance filled curved body under the thin layer of coat, and those transpiring lips. They were just staring at each other's orbs with an anonymous feeling.

Namjoon was the one who broke the eye contact first by shrugging his head lightly, knocking some senses into him. Seokjin let out an 'uh' sound when namjoon broke their vehement eye contact, they were about to spoke something when they heard someone saying,

"What are the rivals doing infront of the factory's stall?" that's when both males turned to their left to see the big stall with tons of different delicacies, both males approached the stall together and looked into their orbs. "I'll buy some of those" seokjin said and bought a pack of baguette bread, something he loves and he was well known for. He opened the pack and handed namjoon one of it, "Try it" he muttered to namjoon and took a bite of the bread, he gasped. He had never tasted such tasteful baguette in his whole life, not even by his mom. Namjoon had the same expression too, the boy had somehow managed to eat seokjin's famous baguette before without seokjin's knowing due to his friend taehyung's help but at that time for namjoon, seokjin's baguette was the tastiest but now it ranked down immediately.

Both boys ended up tasting a few more delicacies, and they were amused at how every single cuisine tasted like heaven. At the end of their tasting session, both rivals had promised themselves that they would corporate with each other and try to pull out something delicious than these delicacies so that they could win over the attention they had lost and that's how the rivals ended up going to each other's bakeries just to try out new ingredients and not everything went in a good way, some turned out in an awful taste or some tasteless which made them hot mouth. But they were determined, but somehow their desperation in business had brought both boys closer to one another and made the crush which had bloomed in one another's to turn into a strong desire of love which was locked up into their chest.

Both boys loved each other's companies, seokjin's dad jokes and namjoon's clumsiness will be their pillars of the day, like a booster. They even started to flirt with each other in a daylight but acts like nothing happened. At some point of their mission, both males started to slowly loose concentration on their main purpose and just basked with one another's company. But until one day, namjoon barged into seokjin's café with a bag of ingredients. Seokjin had no idea why the boy was in such hast but he obligated the boy by mixing cream cheese, eggs, heavy cream and sour cream while on the other hand namjoon was batting the eggs with his full will, the boy had a desperation.

"What's that?" seokjin asked as namjoon pulled out a sphere shaped tray, something both seokjin and namjoon were unfamiliar with. "I went to my hometown yesterday, and ate a delicacy named 'cake' at their annual festival and trust me the factory is going to be under our feet if we succeeded in baking this!" the boy said with his twinkling eyes. Somehow they managed to pull out a creamy texture and transferred it into the tray. They slowly pushed it into the cast iron stove and waited patiently.

Both males were highly strung but when the delicacy's smell hit their nose buds both boys were energized with a bright smile plastered on their faces, and the smile only brightened with gasps when they had a tit bites of the cake. Seokjin lifted up namjoon by his waist and spun the boy in the air due to their success. Both boys had gained their business back by bringing on the new delicacy for which they named as 'cheesecake' due to the cheezy recipes. Both males were sad that their sessions had to end that day, namjoon was about to leave seokjin's café when seokjin spasmed their bodies together.

"I love you" he whispered over the male's earlobes.

An: If your confused, this is a 50's or 40's story where cakes aren't invented yet so does ovens, that's why both were unfamiliar with cakes.

Not proofread