Chapter 1- Wizard Of Oz

"WELCOME TO MUNCHKIN LAND!" The drama club sang loudly. I looked at my best friend, Skylar, she has red, straight hair and bright brown eyes. She was on Instagram looking through her feed.

"Ugh this is so boring" I said stretching out the 'so' as long as I could. I grimaced and leaned back but nearly forgot the the seat was just a cold, circular piece of metal.

" I know, did we have to pick Wizard Of Oz?" She said and sighed after putting down her phone on the table. She rubbed her eyes and closed her eyes for a bit. After a couple minutes, I was afraid she was going to fall asleep, and I was thinking whether I should shake her awake or take her phone. Before I could even decide, she opened her eyes.

I looked up from where I was sitting, I was sitting next to Skylar on the chairs connected to the lunch table. We always were here to practice the spring play. The white floor was dirty, as usual. It had scuff marks on it, noting that it hadn't been cleaned much or replaced. Two pieces of the floor were chipped.

The drama club started about an hour and a half ago, leaving only 5 minutes left in drama. I silently cheered in my mind hoping they would end drama club early. We weren't even part of it either, we were ushers for it. That means we have to show people were they're seats are when it actually comes time for the play.

And that's in a month.

I looked down at my outfit, a black laced top, dark jeans and combat boots. I loved my combat boots ever since I layer my eyes on them, I got them for a late birthday present from my aunt.

Today, I had my long brown silky  hair curled, I was surprised it wasn't static, as usual.

"Let's go! My moms here!" Skylar said tugging at my shirt.

"Already?" I said with confusion. How much time had really gone by? I clicked my iPhone 5s on. 5:00?! Already?!

I had gotten caught up in daydreaming so much I didn't even realize that all the teachers were gone and most of the students had left too.

"Are you coming or what?!" Said Skylar. I really have to stop thinking and getting caught up in thinking. Me and Skylar start laughing.
                     *****

I walked up my driveway and looked back at Skylar and her mom as they backed up, off the driveway, and started to wave.

I heard a noise.

I looked around and saw that Skylar and her mom were already gone. It couldn't have been them. As I walked to the front door of my house, I saw it was locked. "Crap!"

My parents worked a lot, and they're almost never home, so i never expected them to be home. And they weren't. They were always in England or Ireland and never had time for me anyway. They got millions of dollars every year. They did a lot of charity work too so how can I be mad at them? Oh yeah, I couldn't. If I was killed, my parents wouldn't even find out until a week later. I sighed and leaned against the door sliding down, but I stopped.

My neighbors had a spare key that my parents gave them for "emergencies" It was chilly so I voted on going to the neighbors house and borrowing the key to get in.

I walked through the lawn and my boots splashed against a big puddle, I gasped and jumped over the rest of the puddle. I couldn't get my boot ruined!

I FINALLY got to the neighbors house, without getting my boots ruined. At least I think I didn't.... But anyway, I hopped on the steps and was about to knock the door, when i heard voices. My mom always told me to never eavesdrop in on others conversations but I did anyway.

"I said you needed the money by Friday! Today's Monday! Why don't you get off your lazy butt and get it to me! That's the least you can do after what happened! If you don't by next week, things aren't going to be so bright for you families future!"

I did a small gasp and peeked through the window and saw a man holding a gun up to a woman sitting in a chair. I didn't recognize the man so he must be someone secret, a robber, no, maybe a kidnapper? I doubt it. Maybe it's just my neighbors fighting.....

The door opening scared me into real life again. And I gasped at what I saw.

----------------------------------------------------
Note from the author:

Oh my god! It's my first book!

Like,vote,comment,and follow!
Not sure when the next chapter will be out, but probably soon!

Excuse the grammar, I'm not that good with grammar or reading!

If you guys have any ideas, comment them, and I will probably read EVERY SINGLE COMMENT!

-alexa❄️